Lanin National Park Horseback Riding Tour: Quila Quina Valley And Mapuche Culture - San Martín De Los AndesWrite a Review
OverviewJourney into dense forests in Lann National Park on a pleasant horseback ride during this half-day excursion, just outside of San Martin de los Andes. You'll gain insight into the Mapuche settlement of Quila Quina Village from a guide whos from this indigenous community. Your trusty steed clops along at a steady pace, suitable for both first-time and experienced riders. Along the way, snap pictures of the Andes mountains, Lago Lcar and Lann Volcano. Numbers are limited to 12 people on this small-group tour.
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in San Martin de los Andes, travel with your guide for a short drive southwest to Quila Quina Village, part of Lann National Park and located along the shores of Lago Lcar. The village is home to a local Mapuche Curruhuinca community.
Arrive at a horse ranch and learn basic horseback-riding techniques from your guide. Youll be paired up with a horse that matches your riding experience; this tour is suitable for both beginners and more experienced riders.
Your guide of Mapuche descent leads the way for your easygoing 4-hour journey. Ride past houses with fences made out of sticks, the traditional homes of local Mapuche Curruhuinca families, many of whom raise livestock, tend orchards and make handicrafts. Youll also see stately homes built during the 1940s. Stop along the way to learn about the history and social culture of Quila Quina Village.
Follow your guide out of town into thick forests of coihues and robles trees, and travel into areas of the Quila Quina valley and the Andes mountains unreachable by car, and, thus, not frequented by tourists. Admire the beautiful views as your horse crosses rivers, wooded areas of the Patagonian steppe, and past waterfalls.
Reach high vista points and capture stunning panoramas of the mountains, snowcapped Lann Volcano and Lago Lcar. Along the way, hear about the geology you see and its cultural importance to the Mapuche community.
After your pleasant horseback ride, return to the stables and enjoy transport back to San Martin de los Andes.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Lanin National Park Horseback Riding Tour: Quila Quina Valley And Mapuche Culture
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Lanin National Park Horseback Riding Tour: Quila Quina Valley And Mapuche Culture
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum age is 10 years
Suitable for all levels of experience
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring a sweater
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.