Lapland Amethyst Mine Sleigh Or Snowmobile Tour From Luosto
OverviewVisit an amethyst mine and dig for your own amethyst stone on this 2-hour tour from Luosto. Choose to travel on a snowmobile-pulled sleigh or upgrade to a shared, 2-seater snowmobile or your own snowmobile, and ride through the snow-laden forests of Pyh-Luosto National Park to the felltop mine. Learn about these beautiful, purple semi-precious variations of quartz, then dig for your own stones in the open mine itself. You can keep a lucky stone as a memento, too. Kids will love the experience, making this tour ideal for families especially.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourBook your preferred tour option, choosing to ride on a snowmobile-pulled sleigh or on your own, or shared, 2-seater snowmobile to and from the amethyst mine. Then, when the time comes, make your own way to the starting point in central Luosto.
Meet your friendly guide and receive a safety briefing on the journey ahead. If you have chosen to ride a snowmobile, don your supplied helmet and get instructions on driving your vehicle.
Then, board your sleigh or snowmobile and set off through the snow. Breathe in the icy air as you swoosh through the pine forests and fells of the stunning Pyh-Luosto National Park. If youve chosen to ride a 2-seater snowmobile, take turns driving and riding pillion as you wish.
After around 30 minutes, arrive at the felltop amethyst mine and ogle the breathtaking, 360-degree views over the parks frozen forests. Take photos and then head inside the cozy wooden huts of the mine camp.
Warm up with a hot berry juice and enjoy an introduction to the mine and its amethysts. Learn about the geology of the site and the stones found here, and hear fascinating facts about the properties and reputed powers of these gorgeous, violet-colored variations of quartz.
Descend the wooden steps into the open mine, and use a small pickax to dig and scrape through the loose rocks for your own amethyst stone. Kids will love the adventure and you can keep one of any of the stones you find as a souvenir.
Afterward, visit the small, onsite mine shop and enjoy your scenic snowmobile or sleigh ride back to Luosto.
Inclusions for Lapland Amethyst Mine Sleigh Or Snowmobile Tour From Luosto
- Local guide
- Snowmobile-pulled sleigh ride to and from the mine (if option selected)
- Snowmobile ride to and from the mine (if option selected)
- Safety briefing (if snowmobile option selected)
- Use of a helmet
- Entrance to amethyst mine
- Hot berry juice
- 1 amethyst stone per person
Exclusions for Lapland Amethyst Mine Sleigh Or Snowmobile Tour From Luosto
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The driver of the snowmobile must be at least 18 years of age and in possession of a valid drivers license in Europe. Drivers licenses issued by countries that have not signed the Road Traffic Convention of Geneva or Vienna, are not valid in Europe. Please keep your driving license with you at all times as inspection may occur.
All participants without a valid driver's license will have to join the excursion in the sledge
Children will ride in the snowmobile-pulled-sleighs, but small children must be supervised by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers for snowmobile driving options
Participants under the age of 14, may participate as a passenger on a snowmobile, only if they are 140cm tall or above, and have booked at the adult price, otherwise they must ride on a sleigh
Tour not recommended for pregnant women
Snowmobile driving is not recommended for participants with heart complaints, disabilities, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, back or hip problems or any other serious medical conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.