Lapland Christmas Family-Friendly Husky Sled Ride From Rovaniemi
OverviewEnjoy a fun-filled Christmas snow adventure thats perfect for the whole family on this 2-hour husky sled ride experience from Rovaniemi. Travel into the Arctic countryside and visit a husky farm for a husky-pulled sled ride that you and the kids will never forget. Meet the friendly huskies, learn about their lives, and climb into a sled or learn how it drive it yourself. Then, enjoy a thrilling ride, racing through the snowy Christmas landscapes. Finish the magical family experience with a hot berry juice around the campfire.
- Ideal choice for families
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Popular choice with kids
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourDress up in warm layers and start your family adventure with a pickup from Rovaniemi. Board your car or minivan with your guide and enjoy the views as you travel through the frozen Arctic countryside to a local husky farm.
When you arrive, hear the friendly huskies barking an eager welcome. Gather round to meet the beautiful dogs as they wait enthusiastically with your sleds.
Before heading off, listen to a safety briefing from an expert musher (people who drive or travel with a dog sled). Then, hop into your family sled or sleds, depending on how many there are of you. With the kids seated inside, adults are free to sit or drive the sleds and take turns sitting and driving. Get instructions on driving your sled, learning how to stop and slow your husky team using the brakes. Sleds are easy to drive and most people learn very quickly.
With your huskies harnessed up, take off through the snow. As the dogs pull away, hear your kids squeal with delight and feel your adrenalin rush. Admire the scenery as you race through icy fields and snowbound pine woods its like riding through a Christmas card!
After a 20- to 25-minute ride, arrive back and say a reluctant goodbye to your husky team. Then, warm up with hot berry juice around the campfire. Chat to the head musher and learn about the lives of the hardworking huskies. Discover how they live for the moment when the sled brake is released, and how each has a specially designated role in the team.
Afterward, return to your car or minivan and end your tour in Rovaniemi.
Please note: Due to unpredictable weather conditions, daylight hours and other seasonable changes, the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Lapland Christmas Family-Friendly Husky Sled Ride From Rovaniemi
- Professional guide
- Expert instructor (musher) from husky farm
- Thermal outift
- Safety Briefing
- 20- to 25-minute (approx.) husky-drawn sled ride
- Hot berry juice
Exclusions for Lapland Christmas Family-Friendly Husky Sled Ride From Rovaniemi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless selected)
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
All animals used for these services are trained as much as possible for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others
Not wheelchair accessible
Itinerary is subject to change according to weather conditions and seasonality
The child discount entitles children to a seat in a sled pulled by a snowmobile driven by the guide. Children over 140 cm in height are allowed to sit on the snowmobile when paying the adult price.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Privat Airport Transfer Sri lanka From Bandaranayake International Airport
- Red Dot Design Museum Admission Ticket