Lapland Husky Sled Ride From YllasWrite a Review
OverviewGlide through the snow courtesy of eager husky dogs on this invigorating 30-minute (approx.) sled ride from Ylls. Head for a welcoming husky farm and enjoy a sled ride across the snow-clad landscapes. Rush around forests, fells and fields and enjoy the all-encompassing silence on route. If you want, stretch out the experience by upgrading to an approx. 1-hour sled ride, covering six miles (10 km) instead of three (5 km). Cap everything off with a hot berry juice while you listen to fun husky stories beside the campfire.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Ideal choice for families
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourDress warmly and begin your experience with a pickup from your centrally located hotel in Ylläs. If you wish, cozy up even further with one of the supplied thermal suits, and settle into your minivan or coach with your expert guide for your journey to the husky farm.
Hear the huskies barking a friendly welcome as you arrive at the farm. Then, meet an expert musher (a person who drives or travels with a dog sled) and get close up to these gorgeous, highly trained dogs, who, without exception, will be raring to go!
After a safety briefing, hop into your wooden sled and enjoy your first taste of husky power as the dogs race off on your 30-minute (approx.) journey, covering around 3 miles of ground. Feel the chilly Arctic air whip past your face as your sled speeds over the snowy terrain past pine woods, fells and frozen fields. As you travel, you’ll appreciate the incredible stamina of the dogs.
Pull up back at the farm and defrost your limbs with a cup of hot berry juice around the campfire. As you warm up, listen to fun facts about the huskies and their life on the farm, from the experienced mushers. After bidding your farewells, board your coach or minivan for your return journey to Ylläs, where your tour finishes with a hotel drop-off.
1-Hour Sled Ride UpgradeWant more time on your husky sled? If so, why not upgrade your sled ride to a 1-hour (approx.) trip? That way, you can settle into your sled and enjoy an extended ride, covering a fantastic six miles of terrain.
Get more from your trip as you head deeper into the wilderness around Ylläs, circling fells and snow-clad pine woods, and allowing your husky team to really hit its stride. With double the time on the sled, it’s a great way to make the most of your stay in Lapland.
Inclusions for Lapland Husky Sled Ride From Yllas
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Use of thermal suit
- Safety briefing
- Approx. 30-minute or 1-hour husky sled ride (depending on option selected)
- Hot berry juice
Exclusions for Lapland Husky Sled Ride From Yllas
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, disabilities, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, back or hip problems or any other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
All animals used for these services are trained as much as possible for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others
Not wheelchair accessible
Subject to favorable snow conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.