OverviewLearn the ancient art of ice fishing on a round-trip snowmobile safari with this exciting tour from Rovaniemi. Speed along the frozen Ounasjoki River and forest trails to an ice-covered lake in the midst of Laplands wilderness. Then, with help from your guide, drop your line through an ice hole to try for fish such as perch and rainbow trout. If you get a catch, your guide will fry it on the campfire as a tasty supper. Enjoy it with a hot drink before racing back on your trusty snowmobile.
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Led by a local guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourWrap up well and make your own way to the snowmobile center in Rovaniemi, or enjoy a pickup from one of the selected hotels outside of town and travel to the center by coach by minivan.
When you arrive, meet your friendly guide, put on your supplied thermal suit and helmet, and get a safety briefing and instructions on riding your 2-person snowmobile. Once you feel comfortable, set off behind your guide.
Pick up speed and take turns to drive or ride pillion. Zip through the wilderness and race along the frozen Ounasjoki River, passing icicle-hung trees and frosty riverbanks. Continue up a wooded hillside and zoom through snowy fields to a small wilderness lake.
Park up your snowmobile at your guide’s chosen fishing spot and enjoy the silence that envelops you when the engine stops. As your guide prepares the fishing equipment and cuts a hole in the ice, get a safety briefing and pointers on this ancient, native skill. Then, simply drop your baited line into the water and hope for a bite.
As you wait, chat to your guide, absorb the beautiful scenery, and hear about the fish you might catch. Then, if you’re lucky, feel a tug on your line from what might be a fish such as a rainbow trout or perch.
Later, your guide will light a campfire and fillet and fry up your catch for you to eat. Otherwise, feast on sausages cooked on the fire instead. Either way, there’s a hot drink to warm you up, too.
Afterward, ride your snowmobile back to the snowmobile center. Your tour ends here or with a drop-off back at Rovaniemi.
Please note: Due to unpredictable weather conditions, daylight hours and other seasonable changes, the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Lapland Ice Fishing Experience By Snowmobile From Rovaniemi
- Local guide
- Safety briefing
- Use of thermal suit and helmet
- Snowmobile ride (2 people per snowmobile)
- Use of fishing equipment, including bait, tackle and rod
- Eat your catch after it's been filleted and cooked on the campfire by your guide
Exclusions for Lapland Ice Fishing Experience By Snowmobile From Rovaniemi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless specified)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The driver of the snowmobile must be at least 18 years of age and in possession of a valid driver’s license in Europe. Driver’s licenses issued by countries that have not signed the Road Traffic Convention of Geneva or Vienna, are not valid in Europe. Please keep your driving license with you at all times as inspection may occur.
All participants without a valid driver's license will have to join the excursion in the sledge
Pricing is based on 2 people riding on one snowmobile
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, disabilities, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, back or hip problems or any other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Children will ride on a snowmobile-pulled sled behind the guide
Participants under the age of 15, may participate as a passenger on a snowmobile, only if they are 140cm tall or above, and have booked at the adult price, otherwise they must ride on a sled behind the guide
Young children must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times
Not suitable for children aged 3 and under
Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable snow conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Itinerary is subject to change according to weather conditions and seasonality
The child discount entitles children to a seat in a sled pulled by a snowmobile driven by the guide. Children over 140 cm in height are allowed to sit on the snowmobile when paying the adult price.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.