Lapland Northern Lights Adventure From Rovaniemi
OverviewEager to see the Northern Lights? Then this 4-hour safari from Rovaniemi ups your chances of witnessing this extraordinary natural phenomenon. Travel into the wilderness to a viewing spot near a frozen river and revel in the scenery and silence. Enjoy sausages cooked on the campfire and learn the science of the lights as you wait with luck, youll witness a magical show!
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourDress up cozily and make your own way to the starting point in central Rovaniemi, or enjoy a pickup from one of the two selected hotels outside of town. Then, at the starting point, board a coach or minivan and learn about the Northern Lights, or Aurora Borealis, from your guide as you travel northward, deeper into the Arctic Circle.
Only visible in far northern locations, the Northern Lights are triggered by magnetic storms that cause multi-colored lights in the sky. Sightings can never be guaranteed, as theyre dependent on weather, location and chance, but on this trip, your guide will find the most promising location for a sighting.
After roughly an hour, pull off the main road into the heart of the nocturnal, pine-dotted wilderness. Walk to the frozen Ounasjoki River and revel in the silence and stillness. Then, gaze up at the skies as your guide lights a campfire and explains more about the lights and Laplands natural wilderness. As you chat, savor some sausages cooked over the fire, accompanied by a reviving hot drink.
Keep your eyes heavenward as you eat, and with a little luck, youll catch your very own Northern Lights show an unforgettable experience!
Afterward, head for nearby Poro-Pekan Pirtti, a cozy clapboard house, and be welcomed by the friendly owners, whose family built the it in 1894, and warm up by the fire. Explore the charming wooden rooms filled with artifacts and reminders of the Lapland of old.
With your visit over, say farewell to your hosts and return to Rovaniemi. Your trip ends with a drop-off at the selected hotels or in central Rovaniemi.
Please note: Due to unpredictable weather conditions, daylight hours and other seasonable changes, the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour. Due to the dependence on the weather conditions, seeing the Northern Lights is not always guaranteed.
Inclusions for Lapland Northern Lights Adventure From Rovaniemi
- Local guide
- Snack and hot drink by the campfire
- Use of thermal outerwear
Exclusions for Lapland Northern Lights Adventure From Rovaniemi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless specified)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please dress up warmly for this activity
Not wheelchair accessible
Itinerary is subject to change according to weather conditions and seasonality
The child discount entitles children to a seat in a sled pulled by a snowmobile driven by the guide. Children over 140 cm in height are allowed to sit on the snowmobile when paying the adult price.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Wilderness snowshoe adventure
- Lapland Reindeer Safari from Rovaniemi Including Sleigh Ride
- Snowmobile Safari to Reindeer and Husky Farms from Rovaniemi
- All Day Snowmobile Driving
- Northern Lights Trip with an Overnight Stay in a Snow Igloo
- Northern Lights Photography Tour from Rovaniemi
- Ranua Zoo Family Tour from Rovaniemi
- Auroras by ATV