Lapland Northern Lights Experience At The Snow Village From YlläsWrite a Review
From USD 102.16
OverviewSeek out the Northern Lights and visit the spectacular Snow Village on this 4-hour evening experience from Ylläs. Travel into the wintery wilds around Ylläs and arrive at the snow-built village, created anew each year and surrounded by illuminated snow sculptures. Enjoy a guided tour of the magical snow-carved rooms and hallways, see a multimedia show on the Northern Lights, and keep watch outside for Mother Nature’s dazzling light show. A visit to the Snow Village’s beautiful ice bar for a hot berry juice provides the finishing touch.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourWrap up against the evening cold and start your experience with a pickup from your centrally located Ylläs hotel or central Yllas in the early evening. Then, relax in your minibus or coach with your guide as you drive into the snow-laden wilds around Ylläs.
During your journey, hear how the Snow Village is rebuilt to a new design every winter using 1,000 truckloads of snow and ice. Listen, too, as your guide shares fascinating facts about the Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis. Discover how the lights are caused by electronically charged particles colliding with atoms in the Earth’s atmosphere, triggering moving beams of color. Sightings can never be guaranteed, but the lights appear fairly regularly on winter nights in Lapland.
As you approach, take in the sight of the stylishly illuminated Snow Village, and admire the array of cleverly lit snow sculptures that surround the buildings.
Then, step inside to watch a multimedia presentation on the Northern Lights. Learn more about this dazzling natural phenomenon and see snippets of some of the most spectacular displays ever seen in Lapland. After, head outside in search of your own display. Cast your eyes upward, and with luck, you might catch these magical lights overhead.
Next, enjoy a guided tour inside the enchanting Snow Village. Walk around the colorfully lit lobbies and halls, and learn how the interior temperature remains at a comfortable 23°F to 28°F (-5°C and -2°C). Gaze at the stunning outdoor sculptures, and enjoy a hot berry juice.
Later, drive back to Ylläs, where your experience finishes.
Please note: Due to unpredictable weather conditions, daylight hours and other seasonable changes, the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Lapland Northern Lights Experience At The Snow Village From Ylläs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Northern Lights multimedia presentation
- Guided tour of the Snow Village
- Hot berry juice
Exclusions for Lapland Northern Lights Experience At The Snow Village From Ylläs
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Warm clothing
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please ensure you dress warmly for this activity
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.