Lapland Northern Lights Safari By Reindeer Sleigh From Saariselkä
OverviewGo in search of the Northern Lights on this 2-hour reindeer experience from Saariselk. Come the evening, travel into the frozen landscapes and visit a traditional reindeer farm. Meet the reindeer and set off in a sleigh on your quest for this magnificent natural light show, also called the Aurora Borealis. Keep watch overhead as you weave around icy woodlands, and immerse yourself in the magical nighttime stillness. Seal your trip with a warming coffee by the campfire as you hear stories about reindeer husbandry from the knowledgeable herders.
- Ideal choice for families
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourPut on warm clothing and make your own way to the prearranged meeting point in Saariselk. Settle into a coach or minivan and look out over the darkness-cloaked forests as you travel to a reindeer farm.
Meet the friendly herders dressed in the traditional costume of the Sami the native peoples of northern Finland. Then, get close up to the beautiful reindeer and learn how these Arctic animals have been vital to the Sami people through the ages, providing them with transport and clothing.
After a safety briefing and instructions, board your reindeer sled for your quest for the Northern Lights, sometimes known as the Aurora Borealis. Only visible in far northern latitudes, these glowing lights are caused by magnetic storms and appear as multi-colored ribbons in the sky. Sightings can never be guaranteed, as theyre dependent on weather, location and chance, but your guide will seek out the most promising viewpoints on route.
As your sled cuts through the snow, relish the Arctic air and silent nighttime forest. Weave past snow-dusted trees and glide over gentle hills, accompanied only by the whisper of your sled runners and tinkling reindeer bells.
While you ride, look for the Northern Lights. With a clear night and a little luck, you might be rewarded with a sighting.
After a roughly 30-minute ride, warm up by a campfire with some hot Finnish coffee and chat to the herders about reindeer husbandry and life on the farm.
Afterward, return to Saariselk where your experience ends with a drop-off at the original start point.
Please note: Due to unpredictable weather conditions, daylight hours and other seasonable changes, the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Lapland Northern Lights Safari By Reindeer Sleigh From Saariselkä
- Local guide
- Safety briefing
- 30-minute (approx.) reindeer-drawn sleigh ride
- Use of thermal suit
Exclusions for Lapland Northern Lights Safari By Reindeer Sleigh From Saariselkä
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please dress up warmly in several layers for this activity
All animals used for these services are trained as much as possible for the activity, however, the behaviour of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.