Lapland Northern Lights Safari By Snowmobile From Ylläs
OverviewChase the Northern Lights on a snowmobile on this exciting 3-hour evening safari departing from Ylls. Climb aboard your speedy 2-person snowmobile and skim through the Lapland wilderness in search of this magnificent natural light show. Travel in a convoy through dark, snow-laden woods and icy fells, and cross a frozen lake, with only your snowmobile headlights to brighten the way. Keep watch for the Northern Lights in the sky, and stop for a reviving coffee by a campfire before hopping back on your snowmobile and zipping back to base.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourDress in warm layers for the nighttime cold and make your way to the departure point for your tour.
Arrive at the snowmobile station and get a safety briefing and instructions on driving your 2-person snowmobile. Put on your supplied thermal suit and helmet, and once you feel confident, take off in your guided convoy in search of the Northern Lights, otherwise known as the Aurora Borealis.
Only visible in far northern latitudes, the Northern Lights occur when electrically charged particles enter the Earths atmosphere. When this happens, curtains of green, mauve, red or orange lights can be seen in the sky. Sightings can never be guaranteed, as theyre dependent on weather, location and chance, but your snowmobile guide will look for the most promising viewpoints during your safari.
Ride through the darkness along snow-laden trails with only the beams of your snowmobile headlights illuminating the path ahead. Coast through pine forests and glide over a frozen lake (weather dependent), and every now and then, take turns to drive or ride pillion.
On route, cast your eyes upwards to look for the Northern Lights. With a bit of luck, theres a good chance of catching a fleeting flash of light or a longer, multi-colored light show.
Around midway through your roughly 2-hour safari, stop for a hot coffee by a campfire and listen as your guide shares fascinating tales about the Northern Lights and the myths and legends that surround them.
Afterward, ride back to base on your snowmobile. Your safari ends at the snowmobile center in Ylls.
Please note: Due to unpredictable weather conditions, daylight hours and other seasonable changes, the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Lapland Northern Lights Safari By Snowmobile From Ylläs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Safety briefing
- Use of helmet and thermal suit
- 2-hour (approx.) snowmobile ride
Exclusions for Lapland Northern Lights Safari By Snowmobile From Ylläs
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The driver of the snowmobile must be at least 18 years of age and in possession of a valid drivers license in Europe. Drivers licenses issued by countries that have not signed the Road Traffic Convention of Geneva or Vienna, are not valid in Europe. Please keep your driving license with you at all times as inspection may occur.
All participants without a valid driver's license will have to join the excursion in the sledge
Pricing is based on 2 people riding on one snowmobile
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, disabilities, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, back or hip problems or any other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Children will ride on a snowmobile-pulled sled behind the guide
Participants under the age of 15, may participate as a passenger on a snowmobile, only if they are 140cm tall or above, and have booked at the adult price, otherwise they must ride on a sled behind the guide
Young children must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times
Not suitable for children aged 3 and under
Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable snow conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Itinerary is subject to change according to weather conditions and seasonality
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfer: Cairo Airport Arrival in Private Van
- Peller Estates Winery Tasting
- Kadathanadan Kalari Centre & Navarasa Kathakali Centre , Thekkady
- Museum of Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal
- Private Ho Chi Minh City Arrival Transfer: Airport to Hotel
- Private Ho Chi Minh City Departure Transfer: Hotel to Airport