Lapland Reindeer Sleigh Ride From Ylläs
OverviewFollow in the footsteps of Laplands ancient Sami people on this 3-hour sleigh safari experience from Ylls. Visit a reindeer farm, and learn about these sturdy animals that have been vital to Sami life for time immemorial. Then, enjoy the highlight of your trip: an unforgettable reindeer-drawn sleigh ride. Swish along forest trails through pristine scenery as your reindeer crunch through the snow. Back at the farm, enjoy coffee and cookies by the fire and discover more fascinating facts about reindeer husbandry before you leave.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Ideal choice for families
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourWrap up in cozy winter layers and start your experience with a pickup from Ylls. Settle into your minivan or coach with your guide and absorb the picturesque Arctic scenery as you travel to a reindeer farm located in the surrounding, pine-dotted fells.
Park at the farm and meet the welcoming herders along with their teams of gorgeous reindeers. Learn how these strong and obedient Arctic animals have been used to transport goods in Lapland through the ages, and have evolved wide, sharp hooves that give them traction in the snow, as well as narrow antlers that allow them to weave through dense woods.
After a safety briefing and instructions, climb onto your reindeer sleigh and enjoy a memorable ride in the surrounding forest. Snuggle up in the sleigh rugs, and enjoy the gentle pace and winter wonderland around you as the reindeer pull your sleigh through the snow.
When you return to the farm, warm up with coffee brewed on the campfire and enjoy some homemade cookies. Hear interesting facts about traditional reindeer husbandry, and feel free to ask any questions about the reindeers and how theyre cared for in winter and summer.
When the time comes, bid a reluctant goodbye and board your coach or minivan for your journey back. Your tour finishes with a drop-off in Ylls.
Please note: Due to unpredictable weather conditions, daylight hours and other seasonable changes, the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Lapland Reindeer Sleigh Ride From Ylläs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Safety briefing
- Reindeer-pulled sleigh ride
- Coffee and cookies
Exclusions for Lapland Reindeer Sleigh Ride From Ylläs
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women
Please dress warmly for this activity
All animals used for these services are trained as much as possible for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Museum Vessel VITYAZ in Kaliningrad
- "Poopoo Land" Attraction Ticket
- Private Transfers in Puno between Bus or Train Station - Hotel
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA