Lapland Snowmobile Safari To A Reindeer Farm From RovaniemiWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy a snowmobile run and reindeer sleigh ride all rolled into one unforgettable 3-hour safari from Rovaniemi. Hop on a 2-seater snowmobile and speed across the snow to a traditional reindeer farm. Here, slow the pace on a reindeer-pulled sleigh ride, gliding along a snow-laden track through an idyllic, wintertime forest. While youre here, learn about traditional reindeer husbandry, join an Arctic Circle crossing ceremony, and receive your own reindeer driving licence. Finally, enjoy a hot coffee or berry juice to fire up your energy for your snowmobile ride back.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourWrap up warm, and make your own way to the starting point of the tour in Rovaniemi. When you arrive, get a safety briefing and instructions from a guide on riding your 2-person snowmobile. Then, once you’re ready, pull on your helmet and set off behind your guide as you head for the countryside.
Skim through the surrounding woods, weave around hills, and bask in the winter wonderland around you. It’s an exhilarating experience and you’re free to take turns driving or riding pillion on your snowmobile.
Soon afterward, arrive at a traditional reindeer farm. Soak up the beautiful setting and see the reindeer as you meet the traditionally costumed herders. As you chat, learn about these obedient Arctic animals that have been used to transport goods in Lapland for centuries, and discover more about the indigenous Sami culture.
Next, settle into your sleigh and set off. With only the sound of reindeer hooves falling into the snow, sit back and contemplate the picture-postcard scenery around you. Absorb the brisk Arctic air as you glide through a snow-dusted forest and countryside.
Afterward, receive your very own reindeer driving license, and take part in an Arctic Circle crossing ceremony, a must-do ritual for all those who have set foot into the Arctic.
Finish with a coffee or hot berry juice around a campfire. Then, ride your snowmobile back to the original starting point where your experience concludes.
Please note: Due to unpredictable weather conditions, daylight hours, and other seasonable changes, the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Lapland Snowmobile Safari To A Reindeer Farm From Rovaniemi
- Safety briefing
- Snowmobile ride (2 people per snowmobile)
- Choice of hot coffee or hot berry juice
- Reindeer sleigh ride
- Reindeer driver license certificate
- Arctic Circle crossing ceremony
- Use of thermal outerwear
Exclusions for Lapland Snowmobile Safari To A Reindeer Farm From Rovaniemi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless specified)
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Car or motorcycle driving license is required to drive a snowmobile
Pricing is based on 2 people riding on one snowmobile
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, disabilities, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, back or hip problems or any other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
You must be 18 or over to drive a snowmobile
Children will ride on a snowmobile-pulled sled behind the guide
Participants under the age of 15, may participate as a passenger on a snowmobile, only if they are 140cm tall or above, and have booked at the adult price, otherwise they must ride on a sled behind the guide
Young children must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times
Not suitable for children aged 3 and under
Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable snow conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Itinerary is subject to change according to weather conditions and seasonality
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.