Lapland Snowmobile Safari To A Reindeer Farm From Saariselkä Including Reindeer Sleigh Ride
OverviewCant decide between a reindeer sleigh or snowmobile ride? Then, this 3-hour experience from Saariselk provides the perfect double dose of snow rides. Board a snowmobile and zip along snow-laden trails to a reindeer farm hidden in the nearby forest. Meet the beautiful reindeers, learn how to throw a herder's lasso, and take a ride on a reindeer-drawn sleigh through the wintery woods. A reindeer driver's licence and drinks around a roaring fire provide the finishing touches.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourDress in winter layers and make your own way to the prearranged meeting point in central Saariselk. When you arrive, meet your expert guide and get a safety briefing and instructions on riding your 2-person snowmobile. Then, when youre ready, put on a supplied thermal suit and helmet, and head off into the countryside.
As you gain confidence, pick up speed and zip through the wintery woods. Skim past snow-clad pine trees and revel in the views as you cruise through the glittering white landscapes. Feel free to take turns to drive or ride pillion as you go.
Arrive at a reindeer farm in the forest and meet the traditionally costumed herders with their gorgeous reindeers. As you chat, discover all about these gentle Arctic animals that have been used to transport goods in Lapland for centuries, and find out more about the areas indigenous Sami culture.
Board a sleigh and enjoy a memorable ride through the snowy forest, pulled by the reindeers. As you travel, the only sound is of reindeer bells and sleigh runners in the snow, making the trip extra magical. Please note the sleigh ride is short (600m; 1969 feet).
During your visit to the farm, youll also learn how to throw a lasso, the traditional means used by herders to control their reindeer. See how its done, then have a go yourself.
Receive a reindeer driver's license before enjoying a coffee or hot berry juice by a warming fire. As you drink, learn more interesting facts about life on the farm from the herders.
After saying your goodbyes, ride your snowmobile back to the original starting point where your trip finishes.
Please note: Due to unpredictable weather conditions, daylight hours and other seasonable changes, the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Lapland Snowmobile Safari To A Reindeer Farm From Saariselkä Including Reindeer Sleigh Ride
- Expert guide
- Safety briefing
- Snowmobile ride (2 people per snowmobile)
- Reindeer-drawn sleigh ride
- Lasso throwing
- Reindeer driving license certificate
- Choice of hot coffee or hot berry juice
Exclusions for Lapland Snowmobile Safari To A Reindeer Farm From Saariselkä Including Reindeer Sleigh Ride
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The driver of the snowmobile must be at least 18 years of age and in possession of a valid drivers license in Europe. Drivers licenses issued by countries that have not signed the Road Traffic Convention of Geneva or Vienna, are not valid in Europe. Please keep your driving license with you at all times as inspection may occur.
All participants without a valid driver's license will have to join the excursion in the sledge
Pricing is based on 2 people riding on one snowmobile
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, disabilities, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, back or hip problems or any other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Children will ride on a snowmobile-pulled sled behind the guide
Participants under the age of 15, may participate as a passenger on a snowmobile, only if they are 140cm tall or above, and have booked at the adult price, otherwise they must ride on a sled behind the guide
Young children must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times
Not suitable for children aged 3 and under
Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable snow conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Itinerary is subject to change according to weather conditions and seasonality
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- "Poopoo Land" Attraction Ticket
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity