Lares Trek To Machupicchu 4-days - Cusco
OverviewThis is an excellent alternative trek that offers a perfect combination of traditional adventure trek and cultural immersion with the native communities.Taking you off the beaten track where participant can interact side-by-side with the families, local schools, majestic glaciers, blue lakes, waterfalls, llamas, and alpacas. Highlights Free airport transfer when arrive and leave Live history shows, yoga & meditation sessions Spiritual ceremonies, hot showers, buffet service Professional highly trained Local Tour Guides Bath in thermo-medicinal springs of Lares Meet the local villagers, visiting their houses Visit the Salt Flats of Maras and Ollantaytambo Watch the sunrise over the sacred city of Machu Picchu
Know More about this tour
DAY 1: CUSCO LARES THERMAL BATH'S KISWARANI FALLS - CAMPSITE
The journey starts in cusco around 5.00am and drive to the Sacred Valley of the Incas to later head to the thermo-medicinal baths of Lares. After soaking our bodies we will enjoy a delicious breakfast in an open area surrounded by beautiful mountains followed by a nice quite meditation time to feel the nature. Todays route is relatively easy with 2-hour trek uphill to lunch place in Kiswarani village. Its then another 2-hour walk to our campsite at the bank of a beautiful blue lake at (3750m/ 1230ft) Once in our campsite the tents will be ready, all you need to do is: Grab a tea and enjoy the moment, this is a perfect place to stargaze, and learn about Incan astronomy.
DAY 2: QUISWARANI CONDOR PASS CANCHACANCHA COMMUNITY
Wake-up with a cup of coffee overlooking to a beautiful lake is already a perfect day!!. After breakfast its a 4-hour hike uphill to Condor Pass (4700m/15,354ft) the highest point of this trek. Along the way we will enjoy the beautiful lakes where Wallatas (Andean goose - love birds) swim in the crystal clear waters, at the summit we will serve you a hot tea. As your tour guide performs a spiritual offering ceremony to the sacred mountains. From this Point is 3 more hours to our campsite at Cancha Cancha Village (3,750m/12,303ft.) an andean community that is abandoned without any modern technology (no drainage system, no electricity, no computers, no internet, no cellphone service). We will have time to explore and visit the local houses and schools interacting with the children.
DAY 3: CANCHA CANCHA SALT FLATS OLLANTAYTAMBO-AGUAS CALIENTES
After breakfast we prepare for our final decent from the highlands to the sacred valley for 4 hours observing different types of ecosystems such us the highlands where only grows potatoes to the fertile soils of the sacred valley where maize is mainly produce, until we reach lunch place at Huaran (2700m / 8856 ft.), here our private bus will take us to visit the salt flats of MARAS used since Inca times to later drive to Ollantaytambo -"Last Living Inca City" in this town dinner is in a local restaurant. 7:00 pm take the train to Aguas Calientes to spent the night.
DAY 4: MACHUPICCHU (LOST CITY OF THE INCAS)
On our final day we have to get up very early to prepare for Machu Picchu and take the bus. Your guide will take you on a 2 to 3-hour comprehensive tour of the city before leaving you in Machu Picchu to explore on your own or climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (must be booked as far in advance as possible). Your guide will explain how to take the bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes for lunch and take the train and bus back to Cusco.
Inclusions for Lares Trek To Machupicchu 4-days
- Transfer in and out from the airport hotel.
- Pre-departure briefing the night before at 6.30pm
- Pick up from your hotel
- All transportation from the beginning to the end (bus and Train)
- Personal porter for your personal staff up to 7kgs
- Porters to carry food and equipment
- Chef to prepare all meals
- Professional English speaking tour guides
- Second guide for groups of 8+
- All meals included in our tours except last day lunch in Machupicchu
- 4 man tents for every 2 people
- 1 night Hotel*** in Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping pad
- Entrance ticket to all places we visit
- Horse, horsemen and emergency horse
- Medical kit in all our tours
- Drinkable water
- Hot water for washing
- Hand towels
- Rain Ponchos
- All Taxes included
- Expedition train to aguas Calientes and Ollantaytambo
Exclusions for Lares Trek To Machupicchu 4-days
- Sleeping Bag (Can be rent from us).
- Inflatable mattress (can be rent from us).
- Trekking poles (can be rent from us).
- Huayna Picchu Mountain (need to be booked in advance).
- Machu Picchu Picchu Mountain (need to be booked in advance).
- Tips for our staff:please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.