Las Cabachuelas De Morovis Caves Day Trip From San Juan Including Lunch
OverviewThis full-day trip takes you to Las Cabachuelas de Morovis, a network of caves in the heart of Puerto Rico’s northern region of karst limestone peaks. With the help of an insider guide, enjoy special access to protected caves located on private land that most people don’t get to see. Explore like a scientist as you come upon petroglyphs and creatures like spiders, bats, snakes and crustaceans. Not for the squeamish, this small-group tour limited to 12 adventure seekers includes a restaurant lunch and round-trip hotel transport from San Juan.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- All necessary equipment included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in San Juan, travel with your knowledgeable guide to Las Cabachuelas de Morovis, a network of approx. 60 caves and shelters located in karst country. Marvel at the mogote, or 'haystack,' landscapes of northern Puerto Rico, strewn with overgrown karst limestone peaks.
During your 7-hour tour you'll hike to four caves, located on private land in a subtropical forest that's designated as a nature reserve. Your in-the-know guide has made special arrangements with the landowners to allow your small group access to these sites. After a safety briefing, don your gear including a helmet, headlamp, small backpack, and kneepads and gloves and set off.
In Angel Cave, your guide describes how the caves were formed over millions of years, identifies unique formations and points out petroglyphs created by the Tainos possible descendants of the Arcaicos tribes who once inhabited these limestone shelters.
The Cabachuelas caves are also home to a dizzying array of ecosystems. Learn about the plant life and insects you pass by during your forest walks. In the caves of Lizard and Buruquenas, expect to encounter many creatures in the dark: spiders, crickets, bats, snakes, toads and a number of crustaceans.
Hike up a hill and from inside 3 Floor Cave, look out an opening and capture beautiful views of the valley and forest floor.
Around midday, climb back aboard the minivan and head to a local restaurant for hearty Puerto Rican fare, including chicken, rice, beans, yucca and sweet plantains.
Your appetite for wondrous sights and delicious food satisfied, enjoy the ride back to your San Juan hotel, with a surprise souvenir in hand.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Las Cabachuelas De Morovis Caves Day Trip From San Juan Including Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Helmet, knee pads, gloves, headlamp, small backpack
Exclusions for Las Cabachuelas De Morovis Caves Day Trip From San Juan Including Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tour has a multi-lingual guide (Spanish and English)
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
It is recommended that you bring a change of clothes, a towel, snacks and comfortable sneakers or hiking boots
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Jeju Kimnyoung Maze Park Discount Ticket
- National Orchid Garden Admission Ticket
- Private Transfer: Cairo Airport Arrival in Private Van
- Kadathanadan Kalari Centre & Navarasa Kathakali Centre , Thekkady
- Private Ho Chi Minh City Arrival Transfer: Airport to Hotel
- Private Ho Chi Minh City Departure Transfer: Hotel to Airport