Las Vegas Trail Run
OverviewThis Las Vegas Trail Run is an 8-mile (13km) run which follows an old railroad bed high above Lake Mead and runs through five 25-ft (8m) diameter tunnels (roughly 30yds or 10m in length) cut through volcanic ridges. Take in the beautiful vistas of Lake Mead or possibly see desert big horn sheep during your run. This run is perfect for individuals or groups. Transportation and refreshments are provided.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourSit back and enjoy the ride from the Las Vegas Strip to the Historic Tunnels Trail Head. Upon arriving, you will immediately see the amazing beauty of the Mojave Desert.
The trail run begins at the Historic Tunnels Trail head, just inside Lake Mead National Park. The trail surface is suitable for all levels of experience. The trail is an old railroad bed, so it is graded and perfect for beginning trail runners. The railroad was built in 1931 and used for hauling equipment and materials during the construction of Hoover Dam. The railroad was used heavily until the dam was finished in 1935, but dam workers continued to use it until 1961. The tracks were dismantled in 1962, and the site was nominated to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
Once underway, you can't help but notice the amazing views of Lake Mead and the surrounding mountains. Beautiful vistas are bountiful and unobstructed!
Find yourself in awe as you run through the five massive tunnels that were used to haul materials and workers to the Dam everyday from 1931-1935. There are many great picture opportunities that you'll want to take advantage of.
As you leave the 5th tunnel behind, the trail starts to wind its way down to the Dam sight. Pass by the old scrap yard which still houses relics of Hoover Dam past. Continue to wind down the trail and pass through a power sub station sending out power generated by the Dam.
You've reached the Dam! Well, almost. Traverse a few switch back ramps, a few stairs and arrive onto the amazing Hoover Dam. There are plenty of picture taking opportunities. Run across the Dam and into the great state of Arizona and also into another time zone.
Upon leaving Hoover Dam, challenge yourself as the stairs, ramps and slight uphill climb will challenge all runners. This is short lived and the trail returns to an easy grade upon reaching the tunnels.
Inclusions for Las Vegas Trail Run
- Professional guide
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Las Vegas Running Tours water bottle
Exclusions for Las Vegas Trail Run
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Gun Store Steel Challenge
- Beatles Orchestra at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino
- Las Vegas Strip Afternoon Food Tour
- Wayne Newton's Casa de Shenandoah Tour
- Viator Exclusive: Private Overnight Tour to Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Lake Powell and Zion from Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Combo Tour: Grand Canyon Helicopter Flight and Colorado River Float Day Trip