Last Supper And Best Of Milan Walking Tour
OverviewAs the name suggests the trip takes you only to the best destinations in the city and lets you enjoy the famous attractions. The trip promises to take you everywhere from best eating destinations to famed eateries in the city. This trip is for all those who hate waiting in line.
- We include a full Milan walking tour visiting the best sites of the city
- Visit the piazzas and arcades to the incredible Duomo
- Before spending 15 minutes alone with da Vinci's Last Supper painting.
- Skip the Line Access at The Last Supper
- Small group sizes of only 25 people or less mean you'll get the best from every second of your Milan tour
- English-speaking guide will have time to answer all your questions.
Know More about this tour
Milan is one of the top 3 fashion cities in the world, but there is much more to this hip, urban metropolis – it is also home to an incredible patrimony of art and culture which includes Leonardo da Vinci’s greatest masterpiece: the Last Supper.
On this Skip the Line walking tour of the Best of Milan – we’ll take to the city by foot starting with a visit inside the famous ‘Duomo’ located in the most central point of the city. An impressive & beautiful Milan cathedral – it is often described as one of the most beautiful churches in the world. So impressive is the Milan Duomo, in fact, that American author Mark Twain dedicated a whole chapter to it in his book Innocents Abroad – describing it as “…so grand, so solemn, so vast! And yet so delicate, so airy, so graceful!”.
Our next stop is the impressive Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele II – a 19th century glass vaulted shopping arcade. Brimming with fashionable shops and cafés – it is often called the ‘salotto di Milano’ or ‘Milan’s drawing room’ for its importance as a common meeting point through the years for the Milanese.
Next it’s through the Brera District. Rich in historical buildings and ‘literature cafés”, restaurants and fashionable bars – this area has long been home to artists and intellectuals. The Brera's picturesque and winding streets lead us north to Castello Sforzesco. An imposing medieval Castle and fortress, Sforzesco was once seat and residence of the ruling family of Milan and now houses several of the city's museums and art collections. Your guide will explain more about it from the outside.
The final stop and culmination of this Milan tour is none other than Leonardo Da Vinci’s Last Supper, hidden away at the church of Santa Maria delle Grazie. This enormous and complex 15th century mural captures the emotional moment in which Jesus announces that one of his 12 disciples will betray him. The painting had been severely damaged over the centuries, and has only very recently undergone a painstaking 21 year restoration, revealing the original colors and details of this masterpiece. The delicate nature of this mural and its importance means that Last Supper tickets are strictly limited to those who have pre-booked – and only one group is allowed to stand with the painting at a time in a specially conditioned room for 15 minutes.
This Skip the Line Tour of the Best of Milan includes this difficult to obtain pre-booked entrance, guaranteeing exclusive no line entry and an intimate viewing of the Last Supper.
Inclusions for Last Supper And Best Of Milan Walking Tour
- Expert guided walking tour of Milan including Milan Duomo*
- Skip the Line Access to Da Vinci's 'The Last Supper' and Milan Duomo
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Groups no larger than 25 people
- Ticket and reservation fees for The Last Supper
- Headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Sites visited:
da Vinci's "The Last Supper"
the Duomo* (Cathedral of Milan)
the Brera District
Sforzesco Castle (from outside)
Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele II
*Please note: Visits to the interior of the Duomo (Cathedral of Milan) are not possible on Sundays & Religious Holidays. On these days, a full explanation will be given from outside the Cathedral
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 24 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Food and Wine Tasting enjoying the New Milan
- Crypt of Leonardo and San Sepolcro Church
- Skip the Line Ticket to The Last Supper
- Food and Wine tour on Como Lake
- Private Lake Como Cooking Class from Milan
- Luxury Food tour : Milan and its delicatessen
- Leonardo da Vinci's Codex Atlanticus Admission in Milan
- Half-day Italian Cooking Class and Skip-the-line The Last Supper in Milan