Lava Caving And Golden Circle Tour From Reykjavik
OverviewExperience the raw beauty of Iceland both above and below ground on this day trip from Reykjavik! Descend into the lava caves of the Blue Mountains with a guide to see otherworldly rock formations and craters, and follow the famous Golden Circle route to see three of its natural wonders. Admire Gullfoss waterfall, see the spouting Strokkur spring and pools at Geysir, and view the tectonic rift at UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, the site of ancient Viking parliaments. Numbers are limited to 12 people for a small-group experience.
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourStart your experience with a pickup fromReykjavik and travel by minivan to a typical Icelandic lava tube cave, arrive at a lava field and listen as your guide explains how long-ago volcanic eruptions created a maze of lava tunnels and caves, hidden under your feet.
Get a safety briefing, put on your provided helmet with headlamp, and follow your guide into a lava cave. Then, walk and crawl through the dark chambers to see weird and wonderful rock formations, craters and other natural wonders.
Afterthe caving exploration you will be dropped off at a bakery for a short lunch break before being being picked up again for the sightseeing part of this adventure combo tour.Follow the famous route around southern Iceland to visit three of its must-see natural phenomena. Your first stop? Gulfoss waterfall. Ogle the 105-foot (32-meter) cascade as it crashes over stepped tiers of lava and then continue your journey to Geysir.See the bubbling hot pools and marvel at Strokkur, the erupting hot spring that shoots water high in the air every few minutes. Next, travel to UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, famous for its raw Icelandic beauty. Stretch your legs to see the Thingvellir tectonic rift where the two continental plates sit side by side and, hear about the Viking meetings first held here in the 10th century, effectively making them the world's first parliaments.
Please note that the order of the itinerary can vary whereas we might swap the order of the attractions due to weather conditions and other related factors.
Your tour concludes with a drop off back to Reykjavik.
Inclusions for Lava Caving And Golden Circle Tour From Reykjavik
- Small group experience
- Reykjavikpickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Use of caving equipment
Exclusions for Lava Caving And Golden Circle Tour From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please dress appropriately with warm outdoor clothing, a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves for the caving. Good warm sturdy hiking shoes and wool socks are recommended
Please note that no previous caving experience is required for this tour, but you will have to crawl or walk through underground passage
This tour is a combo tour, that means that the tour will start by going caving in the morning at 9 am and then you will join a separate Golden Circle tour in the afternoon at 13:00. You will be dropped off at a switching point between tours, where you will have time to have lunch. There is a bakery and a supermarket at the switching point.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gulfoss and Geysir Express Half-Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Sea-Fishing Tour from Reykjavik
- Extended Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Day Trip Including Touch-Screen Multi-Language Audio Guide from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to Iceland's Beautiful South Coast from Reykjavik
- 'Underworld' Lava Caving and ATV Quad Adventure from Reykjavik