Lava Caving And Whale Watching Tour From Reykjavik
OverviewGo underground in Iceland, and then see whales at Faxafli Bay on this full-day experience from Reykjavik. With use of specialist caving equipment and the lead of a professional guide, explore a lava cave in the Blue Mountains to see incredible rock formations and craters. Later, spend the afternoon on a cruise around Faxafli Bay, where whales, dolphins and seabirds are known to hang out.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Close encounter with wildlife
Know More about this tour
Start your day with a pickup from your Reykjavik hotel and travel by minivan to the scenic Blue Mountain region, or Blfjll, just outside the city. In less than 25 minutes, arrive at one of the areas lava fields and listen as your guide explains how the sites underground tunnels and caves were created from ancient volcanic eruptions.
Hear a safety briefing, put on your provided helmet with headlamp, and follow your guide into a lava cave. Then, walk and crawl through the dark chambers to see weird and wonderful rock formations, craters and other natural wonders.
After your cave trip, make the journey back to the city, and enjoy a quick stop on route for lunch at your own expense. Then, its time to see the sights from the sea. Board your whale watching boat at Reykjavik Old Harbour and cruise out into Faxafli Bay.
As your boat chugs away from the shoreline, look out for the whales and seabirds for which Iceland is famous. The bay is one of the best places to see Icelands marine life, and minke whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbour porpoises are just a few of the creatures you may be lucky enough to see.
Take photos, ogle the sights, and then return to shore where your experience ends.
Inclusions for Lava Caving And Whale Watching Tour From Reykjavik
- Hotel pickup
- Professional guide
- Use of helmet and headlamp
- Use of Wi-Fi and coveralls on the boat
Exclusions for Lava Caving And Whale Watching Tour From Reykjavik
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Warm clothing, hats and gloves are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Northern Lights Tour - With Secret Lagoon
- Northern Lights Tour from Reykjavik by Bus
- Small-Group Deluxe Northern Lights Tour from Reykjavik
- Private Northern Lights Tour from Reykjavik
- Private Superjeep Northern Lights Hunt
- Northern Lights Super Jeep Tour from Reykjavik
- Northern Lights Hunt Luxury Minibus Tour
- Reykjavik Northern Lights Small-Group Tour by Super Jeep