Lava Caving At Leidarendi With Transport From Reykjavik
OverviewExplore Icelands ancient underground lava tunnels at Leiarendi on a 2-hour caving experience with transport from Reykjavik! Hidden deep beneath the stunning Blue Mountains (Blhnjkur), Leiarendi cave is home to a volcanic wonderland of rock formations, ice and craters. Using specialist caving equipment, follow a local guide and hike through the tunnels to the cave, discovering Icelands otherworldly sights at their finest.
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourDepart from your central Reykjavik pick up point by an air-conditioned minivan and travel to a typical Icelandic lava cave.
En route, listen as your certified guide describes how the lava tube was formed in an eruption, when lava solidified above the ground while magma flowed and moved beneath it, eventually forming twisted corridors and chambers.
On arrival at the plateau, put on your provided specialist caving equipment, including a helmet with a flashlight. Then, after a safety briefing, follow your guide into the cave.
With your way illuminated by your helmet torch, head through the tunnel behind your guide. Be prepared to crawl over uneven terrain along some sections as you progress.
While you explore, soak in the silent and eerie beauty around you nature at its rawest. See the beginnings of new stalactites and stalagmites, and ogle the multicolored lava formations and streams evident in the walls and ceiling as your guide explains how the different types of lava indicate different eruptions through the ages.
After discovering the cave, emerge back into the daylight and change out of your caving gear. Then, relax on your minivan journey back to Reykjavik, where your trip ends.
Inclusions for Lava Caving At Leidarendi With Transport From Reykjavik
- Small group guarantee
- Reykjavik pick up & return
- Certified guide
- All necessary caving gear
Exclusions for Lava Caving At Leidarendi With Transport From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age: 10 years old
Remember to bring: Warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, head-wear, gloves and hiking shoes.
Please note that during the summer time this tour takes you to Gjabakkahellir lava cave. During the winter months it will take you to Leidarendi lava cave.
Caving equipment will be provided, however you are advised to wear good hiking shoes and gloves
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Northern Lights Tour - With Secret Lagoon
- Northern Lights Tour from Reykjavik by Bus
- Small-Group Deluxe Northern Lights Tour from Reykjavik
- Private Northern Lights Tour from Reykjavik
- Private Superjeep Northern Lights Hunt
- Northern Lights Super Jeep Tour from Reykjavik
- Northern Lights Hunt Luxury Minibus Tour
- Reykjavik Northern Lights Small-Group Tour by Super Jeep