Lava Tubes And Volcanoes - Geopark Adventure - Reykjavik
OverviewExplore the little known Volcanic badlands of Iceland with a small group, guided by a local expert. Visit the steaming fumaroles, crater lakes with black sand beaches and unique natural caves that hide in the endless lava field. We keep our group small with max 6 guests in an all-terrain Land Rover Discovery so that your guide can show you all the hidden places that are inaccessible to normal cars and buses. We promise you won't miss the crowds.
Know More about this tourOn this tour your guide takes you to, through and underneath the lava field that surrounds the capital area.
Drive through the Moon like 900 year old lava field and into the heart of the volcanic system Trölladyngja or Trolls mountain. Pass by the Black Lake Kleifarvatn and it's unique volcanic rock formations to stop and enjoy one of Iceland's most colorful geothermal sites Krýsuvík. Top the day off with a thrilling lava tube exploration in the 2000 year old cave Leiðarendi (End of Journey Cave).
We like our caving tours to be an adventure blended with some physical activity and the lava tube Leiðarendi is a perfect example of a lava tube cave that gives a relatively easy access to the inside of the lava with its pristine and natural forms and colors, this is one of few accessible caves around Reykjavik that gives an opportunity to fully experience an all natural lava tube with no wooden pathways and no lights except what you have on your helmet.
All our lava tube caving & Volcano tours are guided by highly qualified guides and you are equipped with top quality caving helmets & headlamps for the best experience.
Inclusions for Lava Tubes And Volcanoes - Geopark Adventure
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Light refreshments
Exclusions for Lava Tubes And Volcanoes - Geopark Adventure
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for participants with back problems
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Not recommended for child aged 5 and under
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Glacier Hike from Reykjavk
- Day Trip to South Iceland: Glaciers, Volcanoes and Waterfalls
- Ice Climbing and Glacier Hiking Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to the Hidden Valley of Thor Thorsmork from Reykjavik
- Highlights of Iceland Small-Group Day Trip from Reykjavik by Super Jeep
- Landmannalaugar and Hekla Volcano Guided Day Tour from Reykjavik
- Ice Cave Day Tour from Reykjavik: Descend into a Glacier
- Northern Lights Cruise from Reykjavik