Le Marais 1.5-Hour Private Tour - ParisWrite a Review
Where do Parisians go when they want to relax and enjoy the beauty of their city? Most head for the Marais, not only one of the most historic districts of Paris, but nowadays also one of the most fashionable. Here, gorgeous architecture rubs shoulders with high fashion. Join an expert local guide on this private 1.5 hour walking tour and discover the secrets of the ParisianâÂÂs favorite part of Paris.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
Not only do the Parisians adore the Marais, most visitors also fall in love with this very special part of the city. Combining centuries of history, sumptuous architecture, high fashion, world-class museums and art galleries, and an amazing restaurant scene, the Marais has so much to offer you could spend your entire vacation exploring here. A private tour allows you to visit at your own pace and explore the area like a local, with a local.
Napoleon III tore down the old city of Paris in the 1860’s, replacing it with the wide boulevards and typical architecture that we see throughout the rest of the city, but the Marais was spared and retains the old world charm of narrow, winding streets, hidden courtyards and beautiful medieval and Renaissance mansions. Your guide will show you some of the most charming squares in the city, surrounded by lavish mansions where the wealthiest royal courtiers lived (today still some of the most expensive real estate in the city!) See the Place des Vosges, the first royal square in Europe, the Hotel de Sens, a magnificent palace built in 1500, the first baroque style church in Paris, and much more. Hear stories of jousts, love affairs, treason and revolution, as you stroll through some of the most delightful streets in the city. Discover cutting edge boutiques and admire the café terraces where the fashionable hang out by day and by night. Visit the Jewish quarter, where you can taste the best falafel in the city, see the homes of some of France’s greatest literary figures, and don’t forget to check out some of the newest and best pastry shops in the city!
Dynamic and modern, yet steeped in history and overflowing with charm, the Marais is the perfect place to wander, accompanied by a passionate local guide, and soak up the atmosphere of contemporary and historical Paris.
Inclusions for Le Marais 1.5-Hour Private Tour
- Experience Paris like a local on this private tour tailored just for you
- Discover one of the most charming and historical areas of the city
- An expert local guide ensures you don’t miss any of the secrets of the beautiful Marais
Exclusions for Le Marais 1.5-Hour Private Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Expect a fair amount of walking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.