Le Marais 2-Hour Private Walking Tour - Paris
OverviewThe most layered quartier of Paris, possibly one of the most charming as well. Explore the Marais on a private guided walking tour and learn how a former slum can become the most chic place in the world. Learn about its past and visit sites such as Les Halles, Place des Vosges, and the Pletzel area the historic center of the citys Jewish community.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Led by an art historian
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tour
This 2-hour private guided walking tour of the Marais takes you to a part of Paris that has the most layered and unusual history of all the citys boroughs.Originally a swamp (where the name comes from), the land of the Marais was drained and it became habitable Many different communities were drawn to it - the Templar nights, the Jewish community, the opulent aristocrats of the 17th century.
Over the years it has had its share of ups and downs, falling from a chic residential area that was home to aristocrats and even a royal court, to a best-avoided shady slum.During the tour your guide will show you the many mutually opposed faces of this unique part of the city, and explain how vital it was, and still is, for the development of Paris.
The Marais is now going through a second renaissance, geared towards becoming a hipster mecca of Paris, a place where chic gourmet restaurants find themselves next to trashy second hand stores. Your guide will delight in making you discover all of these aspects of Marais.
Inclusions for Le Marais 2-Hour Private Walking Tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Le Marais 2-Hour Private Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Paris Villages Bike Tour
- Paris Cooking Class: Desserts and Pastries
- Walking Tour with Breakfast : Legends of Old Paris
- Paris Evening Quest Game on Segway
- Winemaking Workshop in Paris
- Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches 1-Hour Sightseeing River Cruise on Seine
- Bus'n'boat Paris Tour
- Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches 3-Hour River Cruise the Seine River Including Dinner and Live Music