Lecce And Gallipoli Full-Day Heritage And Wine Tour
OverviewGallipoli. Quaint fishing village. Its name comes from ancient Greek Kalle Polis (beautiful city.) Visit the old town with its amazing maze of alleys, the Cathedral and an underground oil mill dating back to the 14th century. Lunch at fantastic fish restaurant Puritate in Gallipoli and winetasting at Schola Sarmenti in Nardo'.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourExpert multi-lingual guides will lead you through verdant landscapes brimming with ancient vineyards responsible for creating the famous Primitivo, Negromaro, Sussumaniello, Aglianico e Bombino Bianco wineffs. The sounds, scents and flavours of Puglia will awaken your senses through your unique experience. You'll enjoy a day of exploring the fantastic scenery and appreciate the centuries-old traditions that have remained largely unchanged.
You will start your tour in Lecce, home of baroque architecture and a history dating back to the Trojan War. See an amphitheater dating back to the glory days of the Roman Empire and discover the "Florence of southern Italy." You will visit the Duomo, Piazza Saint Oronzo and the magnificent Roman Amphitheatre. As part of the tour, you will enjoy a Caffe Leccese and a memorable Pasticciotto. Refreshed, you will be driven across the heel of Italy to Gallipoli, on the Ionic coast, from the Greek Kalle Polis meaning beautiful city. It is a fishing village on the coast of southern Puglia, Gallipoli's Old Town, built on an island now connected to the mainland by a bridge. It is picturesque and a nice place to stroll through its maze of alleys. The 17th century Baroque Sant' Agata Cathedral is in the center of the town.
You will visit an underground oil mill before enjoying a nice lunch at Puritate one of the best fish restaurants on the Salento peninsula. In the afternoon youll head to a fantastic local winery Schola Sarmenti, in Nard, where youll visit its cantina and taste their award winning, organic wines.
You will be provided an unmatched level of customer service. Your time in Italy an unforgettable experience!
Inclusions for Lecce And Gallipoli Full-Day Heritage And Wine Tour
- Pick up / Drop off from Ostuni, Lecce, Bari
- Visit to Lecce and Gallipoli
- Lunch at an upscale restaurant
- Winetasting in Nard 5 award winning organic wines
- Coffee Break
- Entrance to an underground oil mill
- Private transport, fully equipped for your complete comfort
- Expert bilingual (English/Italian, Spanish/Italian) tour escort (French, German, Japanese and Russian upon request)
Exclusions for Lecce And Gallipoli Full-Day Heritage And Wine Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.