The zone that separate Lecce from the sea proves the beauty of Salentos landscape and still preserves the traces of the important role that this area played in the history.
Riding out from Lecce towards the southeast through secondary roads, we will reach the fortified village of Acaya, a Messapic site where you will admire the majestic castle, the walls of the village and his ancient city plan, still preserved.Then we will move towards the WWF natural park Le Cesine, which hides many beautiful plants and water birds. So we will refresh with a nice swim in Torre Specchia and we will cycle back to Lecce crossing a landscape full of olive trees and small villages
- Family friendly
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Get inside tips from a local
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tour
Starting from Lecce, the first part of your track is on the way out to the city. After a few kms we will be in the countryside on secondary roads. The first stop is the fortified city of Acaya, famous for its castle built by Gian Giacomo dell’Acaya, military engineer of Carlo V. The castle was recently restored and events and exhibitions are now organized there. Going to piazza Gian Giacomo we'll stop at cafè/salumeria where we can eat a sandwich or drink a coffee - turning right and then left, after the old door of the castle.
From Acaya we'll move on to the Adriatic coast road north of Torre Specchia for a refreshing swim (there are some beaches club open, among which Punta Renas).
In the afternoon we'll enjoy a visit at the Nature Reserve Le Cesine, a humid environment among the best preserved and most important ones in southern Italy. Back on track through some small villages such as Vanze and Strudà, where we can take a break. Riding through some country lanes we'll see olive trees, recognizable for their size and for the logs, true works of art made by nature. We'll go back to Lecce through side streets between the campaigns.
Inclusions for Lecce To Cesine Protected Natural Reserve Full-Day Bike Tour
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Bike tour
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Lecce To Cesine Protected Natural Reserve Full-Day Bike Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for participants with back problems
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.