Legion Of Honor Museum Admission - San Francisco
OverviewPerched on the headlands above the Golden Gate Bridge is the California Palace of the Legion of Honor. This unique art museum is one of San Francisco’s greatest treasures, and its spectacular setting is made even more dramatic by the impressive French neoclassical building. Explore an extensive collection of European paintings and sculptures, ancient Mediterranean art and the largest collection of works on paper in the American West, and upgrade to enjoy the audio tour or gain entrance to the fascinating Special Exhibits.
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourWith your admission ticket in hand, head to the California Palace of the Legion of Honor (known informally as the Legion of Honor), located in Lincoln Park overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, where the Pacific spills into San Francisco Bay. A gift of Alma de Bretteville Spreckels to the city of San Francisco in the early 1900s, this stunning building is a replica of the Palais de la Légion d’Honneur along the Seine in Paris, and its epic location makes this hidden gem one of the city’s greatest treasures.
Explore the museum’s extensive collection of more than 124,000 works of art, including European paintings, sculptures and decorative arts; ancient art from the Mediterranean basin; and the largest collection of works on paper in the American West. The permanent collection reflects a history of patronage by its founders, whose focus was 18th- and 19th-century French art.
Don’t miss one of the 28 original casts of Rodin's The Thinker statue and the must-see Salon Doré of the Hôtel de la Trémoille exhibit, reopening in the fall of 2013. This is one of the finest examples of French neoclassical interior architecture in the world.
Be sure to bring your camera, because after your time at the museum, you can walk a bit down the road for incredible views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands in the distance.
Upgrade: Audio Tour or Special Exhibits Upgrade to include the audio tour at the Legion of Honor for a more in-depth experience, or enjoy entrance to its fascinating Special Exhibits.
Inclusions for Legion Of Honor Museum Admission
- General admission to the Legion of Honor
Exclusions for Legion Of Honor Museum Admission
- Special exhibits or audio tours (unless selected at time of booking)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
All parcels and bags are subject to inspection by security. Standard-size backpacks and strollers allowed. Bags larger than 8"h x 8"w x 5"d must be carried by hand. Other items may be required to check. Some exhibitions have restricted stroller access
Wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs may be borrowed from the Information Desks on a first-come, firstserved basis.
City ordinance prohibits smoking in the museum or the park
Please silence cell phones and pagers while in the galleries
Still photography is permitted in the permanent galleries, however video, tripods and flash photography are prohibited
Sketching is permitted for individuals with pencils on a small (9 x 12 or smaller) hand-held pad in the permanent collection only
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 24 Hour Hop On Hop Off Pass and San Francisco Zoo
- 3 Attraction iVenture Card San Francisco
- 48 Hour Hop On Hop Off Pass and San Francisco Zoo
- 5 Attraction Pass-iVenture Card
- Deluxe Sonoma & Napa Valley Wine Country Tour
- Escape from the Rock
- Hop On Hop Off 1 Day & Alcatraz
- Hop On Hop Off 24 Hour Bus & Bike Combo