Les Baux De Provence Tour From Avignon: Provencal Wine And Olive Oil
OverviewVisit pretty Les Baux de Provence on a 4-hour tour from Avignon, and discover its world-famous scenery, olive oils and wine. After admiring stunning views from the hilltop town, head to an olive oil mill in the valley to see where the regions AOC classified olive oils are made. Sample oils made from a blend of different olives and then tour an esteemed wine estate in the foothills of the magnificent Chane des Alpilles mountain range.Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring you'll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourLeave your central Avignon hotel by air-conditioned minivan and head to Les Baux de Provence a breathtakingly beautiful medieval town perched on a rocky hilltop. Famous for its sweeping views over the Provencal countryside, the charming town was once a stone fortress from which the Lords of Les Baux ruled during the 11th and 12th centuries.
After a quick break in the town to stretch your legs, continue your tour to an olive oil mill to see where Provences top-notch olive oils are made. Classed as prestigious Appellation d'Origine Controle (AOC) products, Provencal olive oils are produced under strict governance to guarantee their quality and low acidity. After a tour of the mill to see how the olives are pressed, sample a few of the intensely fruity oils, each made from a blend of different olives.
Hop back into your minivan and travel to the foot of the Chane des Alpilles Provences mountain range to visit one of the regions famous wine estates. Organic and biodynamic wines account for nearly 85 percent of the regions wine production, and youll taste several of these wines at the estate. Learn how Les Baux wines are defined by Provences multi-faceted soils while exploring the vineyards with your guide.
Your tour finishes back at your Avignon hotel in the early afternoon.
Inclusions for Les Baux De Provence Tour From Avignon: Provencal Wine And Olive Oil
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Wine and olive oil tastings
Exclusions for Les Baux De Provence Tour From Avignon: Provencal Wine And Olive Oil
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Must be 18 years of age to drink alcohol
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Trip to Nice and Monaco
- Private Provence Tour: Luberon Villages and Lavender Day Trip from Avignon
- Provence Le Grand Tour
- Half-Day Tour to Orange and Chateauneuf du Pape Including Pont du Gard from Avignon
- Small-Group Lavender Day Trip from Avignon: Aix-en-Provence, Valensole Plateau and L'Occitane Shop