Lesedi Cultural Village Elephant Experience From Johannesburg
OverviewAfter pickup from your hotel, explore the Bush in a 4x4 game viewer to find amazing elephants roaming free. Once you find them, stop for some amazing photographs of these gentle giants. You will also visit the Chameleon African Curio Market and then enjoy a traditional buffet lunch at the Lesedi Cultural Village.
- Buffet lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourBe collected from your hotel by a professional and registered guide at 7am and be driven to an Animal Sanctuary a mere 1-hour away. On arrival, sit outside on the deck overlooking some of the most scenic area in the Magaliesberg while enjoying a hot beverage and a homemade muffin.
Then depart on an open 4x4 game viewer and head off in search of the elephants, including the matriarch (known as Three) and her two calves Marti and Hanna. If you are lucky, you may just come across the local celebrity, Jack our zebra while he watches over his herd of mares. During the drive you will encounter a host of different antelope species such as Blesbok, Blue Wildebeest, Impala and many more. On finding the elephants, you will get out of the vehicle and spend time with them as they roam freely in their own habitat as your guide gives you all the interesting facts about them.
Here your guide will be taking pictures for you so that you can enjoy the moment, and not have to worry about getting great photos. After spending some time with these amazing creatures, you will then get back onto the game viewer and head back to the lodge.
On returning to the lodge, you will then set off for a cultural experience at Chameleon African Curio Market that hosts approximately 180 different stalls where you can shop to your hearts content.
On your way back, you will drive over the Hartbeespoort Dam wall, a single-laned, tarmac road which skirts the water's edge on the north side of the breathtaking Magaliesberg range of mountains. Along its route it passes through a 186-foot (56.6-meter) long tunnel before reaching your next destination, Lesedi Cultural Village, which depicts South Africas diverse cultures and enjoy a traditional buffet lunch. After lunch, you will be returned to your hotel.
Inclusions for Lesedi Cultural Village Elephant Experience From Johannesburg
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Buffet lunch
- Light refreshments
- Morning tea
- All activities
- Professional photographer guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Lesedi Cultural Village Elephant Experience From Johannesburg
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 3 years
Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A small amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.