- tales of Regency Brighton and the Dandies
- discover the person who, disguised as a man, became a pioneering doctor 50 years before women were officially allowed to practice medicine
- Oscar Wilde's eventful visits to Brighton
- a same-sex wedding - in 1923!
- lesbian and gay bars in the 1950s & 60s
- entertainment stars, including an Edwardian drag king, and Dusty Springfield
- the location of England's first Civil Partnership ceremonies
- a lesbian diarist from the early 19th century, whose diary has been called 'The Rosetta Stone of Lesbian History'
- political protest and activism
- the modern 'gay village'
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Instant Confirmation
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Duration: 1 Hrs 30 Mins
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
21 Regency Square, Brighton BN1 2FH, UK,
Return Details :
Prince's Street, Prince's St, Brighton BN1, UK
Cancellation Policy : For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
OverviewA tour of Brighton from a lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer perspective, taking in 250 years of history in a colourful 90-minute walk along the beach and historic centre of one of Europe's queerest cities.
This is a small group tour, for a high quality experience.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a Blue Badge guide
Know More about this tour
Blue Badge guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers