Lhasa Norbulinka Half Day Group Tour In Morning
OverviewWelcome to visit Norbulinka, the summer Palace of Dalai Lama. You will be led by a local Tibetan guide from Tibet Ctrip Travel Service TCTS (www.tibetCtrip.com)to enjoy the Tibetan Royal garden-the well preserved ancient artificial historical and cultural garden in Tibet. Despite the title of World Heritage Site and natural scenery, people also take it as a unique historical attraction in Tibet. The construction of Norbulingka began in 1755 by the 7thDalai Lama, Kelsang Gyatso. The primary function of Norbulingka Palace is to cure the health problems of the 7thDalai Lama. Then it became the summer residence of Dalai Lamas.
Know More about this tourNorbulingka which means treasure garden in Tibetan language, is located in the west side of Lhasa, a short distance from the southwest of Potala Palace. It is marked as the worlds highest, largest and best-preserved ancient artificial historical and cultural garden. As part of the Historic Ensemble of Potala Palace, it is also recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. While the Potala Palace is known as the winter palace of Dalai Lamas, the Norbulingka Palace is known as the summer palace. Situated at an elevation of 3650 meters above sea level, Norbulingka palace holds 374 rooms. It containsa large collection of Italian chandeliers, Ajanta frescoes, Tibetan carpets, andmany other artifacts. Besides, it is also a natural garden with kinds of flowers, trees, animals and even herbs and some rare plants.Join this daily group tour at 10 am.
Your localTibetan English speaking guide from Tibet Ctrip Travel Service (TCTS, www.TibetCtrip.com)will meet travelers at House of Shambhala hotel lobby at around 8:30 am, Lhasa Ganggyan Hotel lobby at around 9:00 am and Lhasa Shangri-la Hotel lobby at 9:30 am and transfer to visit Norbulinka. If there are only 3-4 travelers finally in a group, public transport of taxi or bus will be in use, while if there are 5 or more travelers per group, local supplier will arrange a suitable van or tour bus for the transfer. Please be on time for the tour activity. The exact meeting time will be reconfirmed at least 1 day in advance. If your hotel is far from downtown, please inform clearly to supplier in advance.
Inclusions for Lhasa Norbulinka Half Day Group Tour In Morning
- Local Tibetan English speaking guide
- Admission fee
- Shared vehicle from hotelto and from Norbulinka (1-4 pax by public transport, 5-12 pax by tour van or tour bus)
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance
Exclusions for Lhasa Norbulinka Half Day Group Tour In Morning
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Tibet permits-50 USD per person (please arrange suitable Tibet permit separately with the same tour supplier Tibet Ctrip Travel Service TCTS-www.TibetCtrip.com at least 20 days prior to arrival in Lhasa)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Instant confirmation, but is subject to availability
1-4 pax by public transport such as taxi or local bus, 5-12 pax by tour van or tour bus
A maximum of 12 people per booking.
Travelers can join additional group tours with the same tour supplier Tibet Ctrip Travel Service-TCTS (www.TibetCtrip.com) if they have the suitable Tibet travel permits with the same supplier
All foreign travelers need to have Tibet permits arranged before arrival in Lhasa, otherwise they can not travel to Tibet
All foreign travelers entering Tibet from Nepal need Additional Tibet Group Visa (TGV requires additional cost ranging from USD$115 to USD$210 depending on traveler's nationality and 3 working days of processing time in Kathmandu).
Upon booking, please contact the same supplier for Tibet permits and or Tibet group visa arrangement. Please be noted that to guarantee you can enter Tibet, you'd better apply the permits with the supplier at least 20 days in advance (the earlier the better)
All China visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler, when you apply China visa, please do not mention "Tibet"
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Drepung & Sera Monastery on Budget-Lhasa Day Tour
- 16 Days Kailash Everest Group Tour by Tibet Local Operator
- 8-Day Best Everest Group Tour with Flexible Lhasa Tour Booking after Arrival
- 8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp
- 3-Night Lhasa Sightseeing Group Tour Including Welcome Meal
- Yamdrok Lake Highlight Day Tour
- Private Tibet Tour Car Rental
- 10-12 Days Tibet Travel Permits Pass for Flexible Tours