Liberty Station Food Tour - San Diego
OverviewTravel back in time through this old military base headquarters known as Naval Training Center Liberty Station. See first hand the recreation of old military buildings which now make home to some of San Diego's most favorite restaurants while you enjoy 5+ tastings throughout NTC Liberty Station.
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourNaval Training Center (NTC) at Liberty Station is one of San Diego's oldest military bases and now home to one of the best food scenes in San Diego. This legendary area, where scenes from Top Gun, Battle Cry, Here Comes the Navy and more were filmed, housed 1,500 to 33,000 troops at a time during pre and post-Cold War.
Start your tour with a nice afternoon sampling of tea and biscuits while you get an insider spiel on everything tea. Take a stroll along the San Diego Bay and hear about the only ship of its kind in existence, the USS Recruit. Shake out your sea legs and gear up for a sampling at San Diego's premier health food pioneers who feature a spread of their best recipes.
Gaze at the Spanish Colonial Revival style architecture while your tour guide explains how the same barracks the military used are being re-purposed today. Don't think we wouldn't take you to the SoCal staple, Slater's 50/50, where they serve a secret sampling of their local menu fav's.
Make your way to the final restaurant tasting at San Diego's best Italian restaurant and enjoy an array of flavors form their award winning Chef, Accursio Lota. Revel in the authentic Italian tastes and sights at the most iconic restaurants in Liberty Station.
Strap on your boots and round up the troops for the Bite San DiegoLiberty Station walking tour!
Inclusions for Liberty Station Food Tour
- 3-4 hour walking food tour
- 5+ food tastings
- Local, professional guide
- Tax & service fees included in final price
Exclusions for Liberty Station Food Tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food (extra menu items), unless specified
- Tour guide gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 16 years
Minimum drinking age is 21 years
All children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is casual (remember this is a walking tour)
Vegetarian options are available but not guaranteed, please advise at time of booking.
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough attendees to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
A maximum of 15 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.