OverviewCombine a city sightseeing tour with Limas two best museums on this Lima Combo Tour! Youll see the citys top attractions and learn about the history of Peru in one activity-filled day. Admire landmarks like the Huaca Pucllana, Cathedral of Lima and Government Palace, and see artifacts from several of Perus former civilizations at the Larco Museum and the National Museum of Archaeology, Anthropology and History of Peru. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
Know More about this tourCity Sightseeing Tour
Your full-day Lima Combo Tour begins with hotel pickup in the morning followed by a sightseeing tour through the city’s streets and plazas. With your local guide, head first to Love Park in the Miraflores district and admire its view of the Pacific Ocean. Then visit Huaca Pucllana, the adobe pyramid that was ancient Lima’s ceremonial heart.
Next, drive through the district of San Isidro, the financial center of the city, and then on to the city’s main square, Plaza Mayor, where you’ll see the Government Palace and Lima’s town hall. Then visit two of the city’s most popular attractions, the 16th-century Cathedral of Lima and the Convent of Santo Domingo, where two saints — Martin de Porras and Rosa de Lima — lived in the 17th century and where their remains rest today.
Before the museum tours begin, enjoy Peruvian and international dishes for lunch at Mangos restaurant, where a terrace provides ocean views (closed Sundays).
The second half of your tour begins at the National Museum of Archaeology, Anthropology and History of Peru (Museo Nacional de Arqueología, Antropología, e Historia del Peru), one of the country’s largest museums. Its vast collection of artifacts spans the breadth of Peru’s culture, from prehistoric times to present day. See ceramics, textiles, wood objects, tools, musical instruments and human remains from thousands of years ago.
Next, head to the Larco Museum (Museo Larco), where you’ll learn more about Peru's cultural history. Housed in an 18th-century colonial mansion that was built on top of a pyramid from the 7th century, the museum houses an impressive collection of pre-Columbian artifacts, including ceramics, jewelry and more than 50,000 pots.
Your tour ends with drop-off back at your hotel.
Inclusions for Lima Combo Tour: City Sightseeing Tour Plus Larco And Archaeological Museums
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Admission to Larco Museum
- Admission to the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
- Admission to the cathedral and Convent of Santo Domingo
Exclusions for Lima Combo Tour: City Sightseeing Tour Plus Larco And Archaeological Museums
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The cathedral is closed on Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings; at these times, you'll be offered entrance to the MALI Museum
Photographs are forbidden inside the cathedral and Convent of Santo Domingo
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums; no shorts or sleeveless tops allowed; you may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Lima Bar Crawl Including Drinks And Food Tastings
- Half-Day Lima Sightseeing Tour
- Lima Private City Tour By Car
- Half-Day Tour To Sacred Citadel Of Pachacamac
- Islands Of Lima Sightseeing Cruise
- Palomino Islands Cruise And Swimming With Sea Lions Experience From Lima
- Half-Day Lima Culinary Tour
- Lima Urban Bike Tour In Miraflores And San Isidro
- 15-Day Peru Tour From Lima Including Paracas, Arequipa And Puno
- Day Trip To Pre-Inca Sites With Lunch From Lima