Lima Cooking Class With A Local Family
OverviewInstead of dining out again, prepare and savor a home-cooked meal during your stay in Lima. On this 4-hour guided cooking class tour, discover the unique spices of Peruvian cuisine at a bustling local market in Miraflores. Then take a city bus to a family home in a tourist-free neighborhood and take pleasure in whipping up Lima-fare favorites like ceviche, chichi morada and causa limeÃ±a. With a pisco sour in hand, settle in for a warm family meal. This small-group tour is limited to 12 people, ensuring a memorable experience.
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Miraflores, an upscale district in Lima, and kick off your afternoon tour at a local market hall for a feast of the senses. As you explore the stalls, indulge your impulses to purchase and sample what tempts you along the way.
Over 300 types of pimiento chile, or chili peppers, are used in Peruvian cuisine. Your guide points out peppers of various colors and shapes, like aji limo, aji mirasol and aji panca, and explains how each is used to season soups, rice dishes and sauces. Among the vibrant displays of all kinds of produce, discover native Andean fruits, like the green scaly-skinned cherimoya, which tastes simialr to a pineapple.
Next, board a city bus with your guide to Chorrillos, a residential neighborhood in southern Lima far from the tourist trail. Follow your guide to a private home where a family will share recipes handed down for generations.
In the kitchen, you receive hands-on instruction on various cooking methods and learn the secrets behind traditional recipes. Prepare a classic ceviche, Perus national dish, made with fish caught that day and an enticing mix of limes, onions, coriander and a few other key ingredients. Then stir up some chichi morada, a sweet and refreshing beverage made from purple corn, believed to have healing properties.
Also on the menu is causa limea, a popular summer dish made with potatoes, chilis and lime, to accompany your ceviche. Round out your lesson by shaking up a pisco sour using an original recipe by the family.
When the food is ready to be served, sit down for the delicious fare and conversation in the warm, relaxed ambiance of the family home. With your appetite sated, bid your hostess a fond farewell and make your way back to the starting point on your own.
Inclusions for Lima Cooking Class With A Local Family
- Professional guide
- Cooking class
- 1 pisco sour cocktail
- Local transportation from Miraflores to Chorrillos
Exclusions for Lima Cooking Class With A Local Family
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select child above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if youll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
Small-group tour limited to 12 people
NOTE: Due to Peruvian tax regulations, you must bring your original passport and Andean immigration card to the tour. If you do not have these, you will be charged a tax of USD 15.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Lima City tour, Lunch and Pachacamac Full day
- Private Cooking Class With a Local Family in Lima
- Tour to Pachacamac Ruins and Archaeological Museum
- Caral full day Classic - Oldest Civilization in America
- 4-Day Lima Culinary Experience
- 7-Day Inca Treasures from Lima
- 8-Day Nasca Lines and Machu Picchu from Lima
- 8-Day Machu Picchu and Titicaca Lake from Lima