Instead of dining out again, prepare and savor a home-cooked meal during your stay in Lima. On this 4-hour guided cooking class tour, discover the unique spices of Peruvian cuisine at a bustling local market in Miraflores. Then take a city bus to a family home in a tourist-free neighborhood and take pleasure in whipping up Lima-fare favorites like ceviche, chichi morada and causa limeÃ±a. With a pisco sour in hand, settle in for a warm family meal. This small-group tour is limited to 12 people, ensuring a memorable experience.
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Miraflores, an upscale district in Lima, and kick off your afternoon tour at a local market hall for a feast of the senses. As you explore the stalls, indulge your impulses to purchase and sample what tempts you along the way.
Over 300 types of pimiento chile, or chili peppers, are used in Peruvian cuisine. Your guide points out peppers of various colors and shapes, like aji limo, aji mirasol and aji panca, and explains how each is used to season soups, rice dishes and sauces. Among the vibrant displays of all kinds of produce, discover native Andean fruits, like the green scaly-skinned cherimoya, which tastes simialr to a pineapple.
Next, board a city bus with your guide to Chorrillos, a residential neighborhood in southern Lima far from the tourist trail. Follow your guide to a private home where a family will share recipes handed down for generations.
In the kitchen, you receive hands-on instruction on various cooking methods and learn the secrets behind traditional recipes. Prepare a classic ceviche, Peru’s national dish, made with fish caught that day and an enticing mix of limes, onions, coriander and a few other key ingredients. Then stir up some chichi morada, a sweet and refreshing beverage made from purple corn, believed to have healing properties.
Also on the menu is causa limeña, a popular summer dish made with potatoes, chilis and lime, to accompany your ceviche. Round out your lesson by shaking up a pisco sour using an original recipe by the family.
When the food is ready to be served, sit down for the delicious fare and conversation in the warm, relaxed ambiance of the family home. With your appetite sated, bid your hostess a fond farewell and make your way back to the starting point on your own.
Inclusions for Lima Cooking Class With A Local Family
- Professional guide
- Cooking class
- 1 pisco sour cocktail
- Local transportation from Miraflores to Chorrillos
Exclusions for Lima Cooking Class With A Local Family
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Lima Bar Crawl Including Drinks And Food Tastings
- Half-Day Lima Sightseeing Tour
- Lima Private City Tour By Car
- Half-Day Tour To Sacred Citadel Of Pachacamac
- Islands Of Lima Sightseeing Cruise
- Palomino Islands Cruise And Swimming With Sea Lions Experience From Lima
- Half-Day Lima Culinary Tour
- Lima Urban Bike Tour In Miraflores And San Isidro
- 15-Day Peru Tour From Lima Including Paracas, Arequipa And Puno
- Day Trip To Pre-Inca Sites With Lunch From Lima