Lima Cultural City Tour
OverviewA half day Lima City tour is a journey designed to visit the emblematic spots to enjoy the history of pre-Hispanic, colonial and modern Lima. Visit Lima's oldest resorts, its valleys, pre-Hispanic temples and its grand main square. View its colonial architecture and recreational spaces, hear about their religious beliefs and the unique names of its streets, and enjoy the evolution, modernization and the lifestyles of its most picturesque characters like, San Isidro and Miraflores district, Huaca Pucllana, the main historic square arriving via Arequipa avenue observing the elegance of the beginning of the Republican times, Santo Domingo Convent and the Museum of Peruvian Gastronomy.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourAt the confirmed time we pick you up from your hoteland the tourbegins visiting the modern suburbs of San Isidro, a place where the first olives-trees were brought to the new world by don Antonio de Ribera, the general attorney and range masterof the conqueror Gonzalo Pizarro; a clear example on how the new Peru started to have shape and to see the contrast we will go by the Huaca Pucllana which is pre-Inca archaeological site developed between the years of 200 AD and 700 AD.
To continue the history we head toward thedowntown Lima's historical center via Arequipa avenue,observing the elegance of the beginning of the Republican times. At the arrival to the main square you will admire the historical center which was designated by UNESCO as Cultural Heritage of Humanity in 1991. You will enjoy the views ofthe Plaza Mayor, the Presidential Palace, the Cathedral, the Archbishop's Palace, Gastronomy Museum.
We are going to enter to the Santo Domingo Convent and the Gastronomy Museum, located just one block from the main square, having the opportunity to walk and get involved in the local environment. We will also see changing the guard at government palace. After that it's time to return to your hotel with our transportation provided.
Inclusions for Lima Cultural City Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle fromhotels located in Miraflores, Barranco or San Isidro
- Admission ticket (Santo Domingo Convent and the Gastronomy Museum)
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Lima Cultural City Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Pantanos de Villa Wildlife Refuge Tour in Lima
- Pachamanca Cultural Experience in Lima
- Lima Shanty Town Tour
- Peruvian Cooking Class Including Local Market Tour and Exotic Fruit Tasting
- Lima Full-Day Combo Tour: City Tour and Cooking Class with Market tour and Pisco Sour Tasting
- Lima Walking City Tour from Jorge Chavez Airport
- Surf Lessons in Lima
- 7-Day Luxury Tour of Cusco and Machu Picchu from Lima