Lima Gastronomic Tour Including Pisco SourWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy a great tour showing the best dishes of Peru as you explore a local market and then have a cooking class, preparing traditional dishes such as Causa Limena. You will be able to taste traditional fruits and enjoy the famous Peruvian drink: Pisco Sour.
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourGet picked up at your Lima hotel or port at 9am, and go beyond the typical tourist attractions with this hands-on culinary tour of Peru's gastronomic capital. Begin the 5-hour experience with a visit to a local market to sample regional specialties like lúcuma and chirimoya, which have a sweet, maple-like taste and a custardy texture respectively. Hear from your guide about the great importance of local markets for today's Peruvian population today. You'll have a little extra time to support the local producers by doing a little treat-shopping of your own.
Next, head to a local restaurant, hearing about various city landmarks from your guide as you pass them. In the restaurant's professional kitchen, participate in a hands-on cooking course taught by an expert instructor. Learn about the history and process of the Peruvian dishes as you make them.
From scratch, create traditional Peruvian dishes like Lomo Saltado (grilled steak), Ceviche (fresh, citrus-cured fish marinated in a variety of local ingredients), Causa Limeña (a layered potato dish), and Pisco Sour (Peru's national cocktail; made with the local distilled spirit, egg whites, and fresh citrus juice). After you've finished preparing everything, sit down and enjoy your meal and a cocktail with new friends. The tour concludes when you are dropped back off at your hotel or port around 2pm.
Inclusions for Lima Gastronomic Tour Including Pisco Sour
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Lima Gastronomic Tour Including Pisco Sour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.