OverviewThis Lima tour combines the classic highlights of Limas historical center with alternative, less touristic hidden gems. On this private tour, youll visit traditional highlights Plaza San Martin, Plaza de Armas and the San Francisco Church but youll also pass by the old Post Office, Limas old walls, China Town, the Central Market and some other less known places. Your guide will share some interesting stories and facts about not only these historic places but also about Limas current reality.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour bilingual guide will meet you at a very central meeting point close to most hotels. Together you will take public transport to Lima's beautiful colonial center. A private transportation option is available as well. On the way, the guide will give you some background information on the city of Lima. Feel free to ask any questions you might have! The guide is very knowledgeable.
In the next three hours, you will walk by the major highlights of the historical center: Plaza San Martin with the majestic Hotel Bolivar, the impressive Plaza de Armas or the main square of Lima with the Cathedral, City Hall, the Archbishop's Palace and the Government Palace, the old train station transformed into the House of Literature, the San Francisco church and the many beautiful mansions with the typical wooden balconies. Besides these classics, your guide will also take you to some hidden gems such as the old Postal Office, the Park of the City Wall with the view on one of Lima's oldest human settlements, China Town and the bustling Central Market, where many locals do their shopping. You'll walk through a part of Lima that is just outside the touristic area but gives you a good idea of the 'real' Lima, full of people, little shops, a lot of colors.
While walking, your guide will tell you some interesting facts of daily life in Lima, contemporary and recent history, interesting stories and of course answer all your questions about life in Lima, Peru's history or about anything you're curious about! After the walk, the guide will accompany you back to the touristic center, Miraflores.
Inclusions for Lima Historical Center Private Tour With A Local
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Lima Historical Center Private Tour With A Local
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen
Note: Private transport is available. Please contact the local tour operator upon booking if you'd like to request this service. You must provide your hotel details if you choose this service
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.