Lima In A Day: City Sightseeing Tour, Larco Museum And Magic Water Circuit
OverviewExperience all the quintessential attractions and activities of Lima in one busy but fun day! This full-day Lima tour combines city sightseeing with a seaside lunch, Peruvian history and a modern-day water-and-light show that will make your jaw drop. See landmarks like the Huaca Pucllana, Cathedral of Lima and Government Palace, and learn about ancient Peru at the Larco Museum (Museo Larco). End your day at the Magic Water Circuit, where lasers, music and water work together to create a spectacular finale.
Know More about this tourFollowing hotel pickup in the morning, your full-day Lima experience begins with a sightseeing tour through the citys streets and plazas. With your local guide, visit Love Park in the Miraflores district and admire its view of the Pacific Ocean, and then head to Huaca Pucllana, the adobe pyramid that was ancient Limas ceremonial heart.
Next, drive through the district of San Isidro, the financial center of the city, and then on to the citys main square, Plaza Mayor, where youll see the Government Palace and Limas town hall. Then visit two of the citys most popular attractions, the 16th-century Cathedral of Lima and the Convent of Santo Domingo, where two saints Martin de Porras and Rosa de Lima lived in the 17th century and where their remains rest today.
Your sightseeing tour ends with a buffet lunch at a seaside restaurant in Miraflores that serves regional and international dishes.
After lunch, the second half of your Lima tour starts by going back in time to ancient Peru at the Larco Museum, housed in a colonial mansion that dates back to the 1700s and was built on top of a pyramid from the 7th century. With your guide, tour the museum, learning about pre-Columbian culture and admiring the museums collection of artifacts, including ceramics, jewelry and more than 50,000 pots.
Then head with your guide to a local tavern for another Peruvian culinary treat. Enjoy a light snack of sandwiches accompanied by a pisco sour, the national cocktail made with pisco (grape brandy), lime juice, bitters and egg whites. Drink up its tradition!
Finally, finish up your tour at the Magic Water Circuit, one of the largest water shows in South America. Stare in awe at the extravaganza of water displays, lasers, lights, music and images that takes place across a complex of several large fountains.
On that high note, your tour ends with drop-off at your Lima hotel.
Inclusions for Lima In A Day: City Sightseeing Tour, Larco Museum And Magic Water Circuit
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Admission to Larco Museum
- Admission to the cathedral and Convent of Santo Domingo
- Admission to Magic Water Circuit
- Snacks and drink at tavern
Exclusions for Lima In A Day: City Sightseeing Tour, Larco Museum And Magic Water Circuit
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The cathedral is closed on Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings; at these times, you'll be offered entrance to the MALI Museum
Photographs are forbidden inside the cathedral and Convent of Santo Domingo
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums; no shorts or sleeveless tops allowed; you may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.