OverviewTake a guided market tour, watch a cooking demonstration and discover the signature tastes of Peru: fish ceviche and the pisco sour cocktail. You'll visit a typical fresh produce market in Lima, and learn how to prepare Perus national dish and drink. Then sit back and relax, and enjoy a traditional Peruvian lunch at a local restaurant.
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourYour tour begins with pickup from your Lima hotel and a trip to a typical Peruvian market.
See where local cooks source their fresh ingredients and be amazed by the huge variety of fruit and vegetables for sale.
Leaving the market, visit a local restaurant for your fun cooking class. Watch how Perus national dish, ceviche, is prepared using chunks of raw fish marinated in freshly squeezed lime or bitter orange juice. The dish is marinated for several hours and served with sliced onions, chilies and seasoning, accompanied by corn on the cob or sweet potato.
Also learn the steps behind making Peru's national drink, the pisco sour. Learn how the cocktail was invented in Peru in the 1920s, and take home the simple recipe of lime or lemon juice, Peruvian pisco (grape brandy), ice, egg white, sugar syrup and Angostura bitters.
Hear how Peru declares an annual holiday on the first Saturday of February to celebrate the pisco sour, and a public holiday on June 28 for national ceviche day.
Having learned the basics behind Perus national dish and drink, sit down to enjoy a traditional Peruvian lunch at the restaurant.
Your tour concludes with drop-off at your Lima hotel.
Inclusions for Lima Market Tour, Cooking Class And Pisco Sour Lesson
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Lima Market Tour, Cooking Class And Pisco Sour Lesson
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.