OverviewExperience the stunning Amalfi Coast from both land and sea as you spend 13-hours exploring various towns along this storied stretch of coastline. Explore the fashionable boutiques of Positano and get lost in the winding streets of Amalfi town. See the coast from a whole new perspective when you hit the water for a jaunt down the coast in a small boat that lets you look up at the jewel-box towns and lovely farms on the cliffs above. Then head up to one of those farms and take in stunning sea views as you sip locally-made limoncello.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide in early morning at the Roma Termini railway station and head out to enjoy the very best of the Amalfi Coast without having to worry about the logistics. From the winding streets of quaint, cliffside towns, to sparkling blue waters and picturesque hilltop farms you’ll see, touch, taste, and experience this incredible region like never before.
The day starts in Rome where you’ll catch a high speed train to Naples with an intimate group of no more than 15 fellow travelers and an expert tour leader. From there you’ll hop on a private, air-conditioned bus that will wind its way up into the narrow roads of the Amalfi Coast.
Your first stop is Positano, a small fishing town that has long been the holiday destination of choice for VIPs, from the Romantic poets of the 19th century to today’s Hollywood stars. After an orientation Walk with your guide through Positano you’ll have two hours of free time in which you can browse the boutiques filled with world-famous beachwear, have leather sandals made to fit your feet and/or enjoy a relaxing lunch of local delicacies at a seaside cafe. Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit too, there’s nothing nicer on a summer’s day than a dip in the sea.
Next you’ll board a boat for a 30-minute ride down the coast to Amalfi town. Along the way you’ll enjoy spectacular views of the dramatic coastline as it rises out of the sea in soaring cliffs.
At Amalfi you’ll head up one of those cliffs to a lovely lemon orchard where you’ll enjoy a tasting of one of the region’s most beloved products, the sweet, tangy liqueur called limoncello. The farm is perched above the town and offers stunning views out to sea. After the tasting you’ll have an hour to explore the town and, if you enjoyed your tasting, buy some limoncello.
To end the day you’ll hop back on the boat for a 40-minute cruise to Salerno where you’ll catch the train back to Rome.
Inclusions for Limoncello Tasting And Scenic Cruise: Amalfi Coast Day Trip From Rome
- Train tickets to and from the Amalfi Coast
- Private, air-conditioned bus
- Small groups of 15 or less
- Two boat rides
Exclusions for Limoncello Tasting And Scenic Cruise: Amalfi Coast Day Trip From Rome
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that lunch is not included in this service. You will have free time to eat at Positano and your guide will be happy to recommend places to eat a full sit-down meal or to grab something quick while shopping.
Please note that there are approx 180-200 steps to climb to reach the lemon farm (you can opt for free time in Amalfi Coast instead). If weather conditions don't permit the visit the tour will do a limoncello tasting in Amalfi instead.
If the boat doesn't run due to weather conditions we will travel by private car instead
Not stroller or wheelchair accessible
Infants (over 36 months) need to book the child ticket price.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.