Lipica Stud Farm And Skocjan Caves Day Trip From Trieste
OverviewYour 6-hour guided tour in Lipica will introduce you to the world of the Lipizzan horse. You will walk through the stable and visit Lipikum, the Lipizzaner Museum dedicated to various aspects of the stud and the Lipizzan breed. You will also visit the magnificent kocjan Caves which are on UNESCOs list of natural and cultural world heritage sites.
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourThe Lipica Stud Farm is one of the oldest stud farms in the world, and it represents the origin of the Lipizzan horse. In a unique natural environment, in the middle of fairy meadows and in the shade of oak and chestnut trees, you will find beautiful white horses which will certainly enchant you. Taking a walk on the stud farm estate is like traveling through history. The old manor house and the gracefulness of the Lipizzan horse will take you to the time when horse carriages were the most prominent way of transport. For more than 400 years the tradition of breeding these white horses has been preserved in the center of the unique Karst landscape which today represents one of the most beautiful natural and cultural monuments in Slovenia. On your trip, experience the world of the Lipizzan horse, walk through the stable, and visit the Lipikum Museum dedicated to various aspects of the stud and the Lipizzan breed.
kocjan Caves is a cave system in Slovenia which together with the underground stream of the river Reka represents the most important natural phenomenon of the Karst region and one of the largest underground canyons in the world. Due to its exceptional significance, kocjan Caves was entered on UNESCOs list of natural and cultural world heritage sites in 1986. Its colorful underground world is adorned with giant stalactites, water rapids, and beautiful lakes. On your trip, view the worlds largest underground canyon and walk across the bridge which is situated 40 meters above the underground river. The panoramic view at the exit of the cave will certainly leave you speechless. At the end, visit the kocjan Caves Regional Park, an open-air like museum, which is well-known for its ethnological, karstological, geological, and archaeological monuments, as well as for its natural and cultural heritage. Here the guests can walk through the park and enjoy the unspoiled nature.
Inclusions for Lipica Stud Farm And Skocjan Caves Day Trip From Trieste
- Lipica Stud Farm entrance fee
- kocjan Caves entrance fee
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Lipica Stud Farm And Skocjan Caves Day Trip From Trieste
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Hotel Guests must advise supplier as soon as possible: hotel details or any other preferred pickup location.
Cruise Passengers must advise supplier as soon as possible: ship name, arrival time and departure time.
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Piran Walking Tour and Panoramic Slovenian Coast from Trieste
- Flavours of Istria Tasting Experience from Trieste
- Trieste private walking tour with a local guide
- Habsburg Trieste: private walking tour with a local guide
- Trieste-style goulash cooking class with a local
- Private Tour: Lake Bled & Ljubljana
- Private Tour: Panoramic Slovenian Coastline With Piran
- Lake Bled and Ljubljana Tour from Trieste