Lisbon: Alfama Old Quarter
OverviewExplore Alfamas maze of tiny streets, cobblestoned lanes and steep staircases. Feelthis living and breathing district in Lisbon with its alleyways and historically tiled houses. It's always a small group with a max of 8 people.Discover Alfama which is Lisbon's most colorful neighbourhood with a specialist local guide.
Know More about this tourJoin Alfama Lisbon Old Quarter tour to discover historic heart of Lisbon. Step back in time as you walk to see thebrightly pained, albeit weathered houses, the pretty flowers bursting from balconies and the impressive tiling that decorates almost every inch of the district.
Learn why Alfama is also home to somespectacular and significant churches and cathedrals. Visit Romanesque Sao Jorge Cathedralwith its twin castellated bell towers, the Igreja de Santa Engrcia-Panteo Nacional which is one of the most recognisable buildings in the Alfama skyline, and the Igreja de So Vicente de Fora, admired for its spectacular Baroque canopy over the alter.
Clutch at theexcellent museums that provide cultural diversion and walk thorough Lisbons biggest flea market.
Enjoy some of the best views in Lisbon from lofty squares such as the Miradouro Largo das Portas do Sol once the entrance gates to the old city.
Learn aboutsuch key themes as Moorish rule and influence, Lisbons working class, and of course Fado music and culture along the way.
Inclusions for Lisbon: Alfama Old Quarter
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Lisbon: Alfama Old Quarter
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best Live Fado Show in Lisbon: 'Fado in Chiado'
- Horse Riding Tour on the Beach
- Wifi everywhere in Lisbon
- Discover Lisbon in a Delicatessen Private Food Tour
- Day Trip to Lisbon Gay Beach 19
- Arrbida Full day tour - Discover a paradise with a local
- Lisbon Stories private tour_ half day with transportation
- Yacht Sailing Tour on The Tagus River from Lisbon