Lisbon: Belem Walking Tour
OverviewJoin our Belem Lisbon tour to discover Portugals age of discovery! There will be a max 8 people so it's always a small group tour. See Belem with a specialist local guide and understand its significance as the setting for many of Lisbons most iconic and important attractions.Walk though adelightful district that combines historic monuments, fascinating museums and carefully maintained parks, all of which line the cooling waters of the Tejo estuary.
Know More about this tour
We meet at the Iconic Cafe Pasteis de Belem to taste and talk about the famous egg tarts that werecreated before the 18th century by Catholic monks at the Jernimos Monastery.
Understand why Belem has a close connection to the early explorers, as you hear about Vasco da Gama's last night spent here before his epic voyage to India.
Visit the Mosteiro dos Jernimos, an extravagant monastery that was funded by the 5% tax levied on spices that flowed into Portugal. Originally designed as a modest monastery complex, the excessive trade wealth extended the construction by 50 years, to create one of the most ornate religious buildings of Portugal.
Savor the monument that add to Belems reputation: the historically importantDiscoveries Monument. One of the most iconic monuments of Lisbon, it was constructed to promote national self-confidence, whilst honouring the great Portuguese explorers.
Belem Lisbon tour also includes the delightful Torre de Belem once stood in the centre of the Tejo Estuary, to guarded the city from sea bound attack, and today the little fort has become the emblem of Lisbon. For such a trivial defensive fortification, the Torre de Belem was constructed with elaborate craftsmanship and is adorned with beautiful carved stonework..
Belem is full of charming cafs and restaurants, many of which offer outdoor terrace seating. Your guide will organise lunch in one of her favourite spots as part of the Belem Lisbon tour.
There are many small sites to discover as you walk and your guide will point out all you need to see
Inclusions for Lisbon: Belem Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Lisbon: Belem Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best Live Fado Show in Lisbon: 'Fado in Chiado'
- Horse Riding Tour on the Beach
- Wifi everywhere in Lisbon
- Discover Lisbon in a Delicatessen Private Food Tour
- Day Trip to Lisbon Gay Beach 19
- Arrbida Full day tour - Discover a paradise with a local
- Lisbon Stories private tour_ half day with transportation
- Yacht Sailing Tour on The Tagus River from Lisbon