OverviewLisbon is a sight to behold. The city of half a million people reveals its empire of centuries past. It boasts large Baroque churches, squares with faded grandeur and a seaside ripe for long romantic strolls. This 4-hour guided tour takes you to the main sites and landmarks of this European capital, as well as through the centuries of the citys history. It concludes with delicious Portuguese snacks including a cod cake, a sweet pastry and port. This small-group tour is limited to eight participants to ensure a quality experience.
- Free snacks included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourHilly, seaside Lisbon may be one of the most underrated capitals in Europe. It’s also one of the most eye-pleasing. The signs of its long and intriguing history are everywhere. This 4-hour, small-group guided tour takes you to the most important sites and neighborhoods of the Portuguese capital.
After pickup at the meeting point, hop in the comfortable minivan and head first to the city’s cathedral, the oldest building in Lisbon. Called Santa Maria Maior de Lisboa or Sé de Lisboa, the cathedral was built during the Romanesque architecture period and later renovated in the Gothic and Baroque periods. From there, head up to Graça, the highest neighborhood in the city, for expansive views of Lisbon. Drive through the neighborhood of Alfama, the birthplace of fado music, and then explore Belém, the neighborhood that, centuries past, saw many famous explorers, including Vasco da Gama, set sail to find new worlds and new treasures.
After seeing the Monastery of Jerónimos, the Belém Tower and the Discoveries Monument, taste the delicious and world-famous traditional pastel de Belem, an custard tart invented at the Monastery of Jerónimos and introduced to the outside world in the early 19th century.
Pass by the Basilica of Estrela and the Chiado district, stroll around Baixa, the downtown, and stroll in some of the city’s most stunning squares: Rossio, Figueira and Restauradores. Next, try a glass of vinho verde — literally ‘green wine,’ it is meant to be drunk while young and fresh — and a cod cake, a savory delight that is a favorite in this part of Europe. Finish the tasting with a glass of Portugal’s most famous wine, port, paired with cheese. At the end of the tour, you’ll be dropped off at the Rossio Square where you can stay for the afternoon and return to your hotel at your leisure.
Inclusions for Lisbon City Tour By Minivan Including Food And Wine Tastings
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Transfer in minivan
- Pastel de Belém (Belém custard tart)
- Portuguese wine and codfish cake
- Port wine and cheese tasting
Exclusions for Lisbon City Tour By Minivan Including Food And Wine Tastings
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.