Lisbon Day Trip From The Algarve
OverviewImmerse yourself in Lisbons enchanting history and sights on a day trip from the Algarve! With a local guide at your side, explore the neighborhood of Belm with its wow-worthy Manueline monuments and trace the history of UNESCO-listed Jernimos Monastery on an audio tour. Wander around the charming cobbled streets of the Alfama quarter, see the Castle of So Jorge and enjoy some free time before returning to the Algarve.
- Led by a local guide
- Hotel pickup included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tourStart your day trip with a hotel pickup, and then leave the Algarve by air-conditioned coach to travel north to Lisbon, capital of Portugal. The journey lasts just more than 3 hours from the main starting point, so sit back and relax as you travel north alongside the Portuguese coast.
Hop off your coach on entering the city and set out to explore Lisbons enchanting streets with your guide. The hilly city is one of Portugals most attractive towns with its pretty red-roof houses dotted around the snaking River Tagus. Admire the architecture around the neighborhood of Belm and learn about Lisbons history as you walk.
Stop for photos at Belm Tower, a monument built to honor the citys patron saint, and then head inside the UNESCO World Heritage site of Jernimos Monastery. A star city attraction, the monastery is often cited as the perfect example of Manueline architecture, a uniquely Portuguese-Gothic style that originated during King Dom Manuel Is reign. Admire the extravagant ornamentation and carved arches, and learn about the different areas of the monastery. After your audio tour finishes, head outside and visit Alfama where the charms of old-school Lisbon can be seen.
A labyrinth of atmospheric streets and palm-shaded courtyards, the neighborhood is a bustling place where the humdrum activities of daily life seem more dramatic amid the backdrop of its historical buildings. Amble around the quarter and see Roman and Moorish architecture as well as the Castle of So Jorge: Lisbons attention-grabbing hilltop castle.
Enjoy a break for lunch (own expense) and make the most of some free time to discover the citys delights for yourself. Perhaps seek out a cafe selling pastis de nata, the eponymous Belm custard tarts, or shop for Lisbon souvenirs to take home.
Inclusions for Lisbon Day Trip From The Algarve
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
Exclusions for Lisbon Day Trip From The Algarve
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.