Lisbon: Iconic Neighbourhoods Walking Tour
OverviewDiscover iconic neighborhoods in Lisbon.Join a 3 hour walking tour with a specialist local guide. Enjoy a hands-on experience with a small group of max 8 people.Mark your list of must see charming neighbourhoods in LisbonWalk the streets of Bairro Alto, Chiad, and BaixaHave access to keys understanding Lisbons past
Know More about this tourJoin our Lisbon Iconic Neighborhoods walking tour to discover central Lisbon! Learn from your guide about the Baixa district that boasts of the grandeur that Portugal once commanded, with wide avenues and magnificent squares.
Join a small group of travelers to see the area that was completely rebuilt after the 1755 earthquake and was one of the first cities to follow a grid plan street layout. Baixa is the heart of Lisbon and is where many of the capitals finest tourist attractions are located.
Join yur Lisbon Iconic Neighbourhoods tour from the Praa Dom Pedro IV square, which is regarded by many Portuguese as the centre of their city. The Praa Dom Pedro IV is a prime example of the Marquis of Pombal vision for the entire area of Baixa with wide open spaces with grand monuments and buildings.
Familiarise yourself with Praa Dom Pedro IV or more commonly know as Rossio famous for its nauseating wave pattern stone paving which stretches the length of the square.Along Rua das Portas de Santo Antao is the liveliest area of Baixa during the night as the restaurant swell catering for hungry tourists and the Portuguese attend the shows in the theatres.
Within the district of Baixa there is a unique blend of specialist shops with few large brand stores, this is thanks to the council of Lisbon which protected the price of rents. The control of rents hasallowed the preservation of many small family businesses, some of which have been owned by the same families for generations. These stores line the 5 streets that lead south in Baixa selling many traditional produce of Portugal.
Lisbon Iconic Neighbourhoods walking tour continues by heeding south from Praa Dom Pedro IV along the pedestrian street of Rua Augusta. This street has numerous open air cafes and street artists selling their wares. Leading off to the right is the Elevator de Santa Justadesigned by Raul Mesnier de Ponsard an apprentice of Eiffel, who build the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
The Arco da Rua Augusta enters on to the the most import square of Lisbon, the Praa do Comercio, this was the old commercial hub of Lisbon; were sailors traded their exploits from the new world and arrange finances for further voyages.Many of the cross streets are closed to traffic, making window-shopping more enjoyable.
The western part of this grid of streets is known as the Chiado. Its the citys most sophisticated shopping district. In 1988, a devastating fire swept the area, destroying many shops, particularly those on the periphery of Rua Garrett. The area has bounced back with vigor.
Bairro Alto by day appears shabby blighted by graffiti and the neighborhoodmay be best known for its nightlife nowadays, but making our way through the winding streets well uncover how many of its historic buildings hold the key to understanding Lisbons past.
Inclusions for Lisbon: Iconic Neighbourhoods Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Lisbon: Iconic Neighbourhoods Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best Live Fado Show in Lisbon: 'Fado in Chiado'
- Active Tourism - Lisbon Tour to the most beautiful marine caves in Arrbia
- Lisbon Active Tourism - Coasteering in Arrbia
- Lisbon Active Tourism - Diving in Arrbia - Sesimbra
- Lisbon Airport Private Transfer to Costa da Caparica or Almada
- ALGARVE from Lisbon PRIVATE Tour - Albufeira and Lagos (Ponta da Piedade)
- Arrbida Jeep tour to the most beautiful beach of Europe
- Hiking tour to the highest point of Arrbida mountain