Lisbon In Half Day: Guided Sightseeing Walking Tour
OverviewGet to know the sights and sounds of Lisbon on this guided, 3 hour, walking tour. Discover the citys historic, iconic landmarks and monuments, like Lisbon Cathedral, Alfama, Comercio square, Rua Augusta and Rossio. Climb up to Lisbon's breathtaking miradouros (viewpoints), sip a ginjinha at the counter(included in the price). Enjoy fascinating narration by your guide that includes stories and information about each spot youll visit. This is a fun and unique way to discover what makes the Portuguese capital special.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and the rest of the small groupat a designated meeting point to begin this 3 hour walking tour around central Lisbon. Learn about Lisbon's downtown "Baixa", Avenida da Liberdade, Restauradores square and Rossio station. Hear the stories behind each of this points.Then enter Sao Domingos church,classified as a National Monument, to see the altar of Our Lady of Fatima and thesigns of the fire of 1959.
Time to make a stop and sip a ginjinha with locals (included in the price) at the counter and get to know about the Lisbon Massacre, happened in April1506.Continue to the Figueira square, Rua Augusta and the 19th-century Santa Justa lift. Then take the elevator (for free) to get to the quarters of Alfama. Learn from your local guide about the Siege of Lisbon in 1147 that brought Lisbon under Portuguese control and expelled its Moorish overlord sand. Admire the city and the Tagus from the breathtaking viewpoint, snap some photos of Lisbon's orange roofs and colorful facades covered with azulejo tiles.
Enter Lisbon Cathedral which isthe oldest church in the city (the construction began in the year of 1147). Follow your guide to seethe magnificent Commerce Square with statue of King Jos I in the center and the Triumphal Arch. Find out how they played a role in the citys development.Next, head to Chiado and Bairro Alto districts, the most cosmopolitan and sophisticated area of the town. Standing near Carmo church, learn from your guide aboutLisbons devastating earthquake of 1755.Here youll also see the XVIIth-centurySao Roque church with its magnificent baroque interior.
Finally, arrive at miradouro Sao Pedro de Alcantara (viewpoint) to enjoy the fine views of Avenida da Liberdade, Alfama and the surrounding area.From miradouro, you can quickly walk to any number of cafes and restaurants for lunch or head to Principe Real to see another aspect of the neighborhood.Be prepared to walk up or down some hilly streets.
Inclusions for Lisbon In Half Day: Guided Sightseeing Walking Tour
- Professional and friendly guide that will give you a good amount of insider recommendations
- Traditional portuguese liqueur "Ginjinha" tasting
- Live commentary during the tour
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Lisbon In Half Day: Guided Sightseeing Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Guided visit inside monuments
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sintra Royal Palaces Day Trip from Lisbon: Queluz Palace, Pena Palace and Pena Park
- vora Day Trip from Lisbon
- Small-Group Tour: Knights Templar Historical Tour from Lisbon
- bidos Nazar and Ftima from Lisbon with Drop-off in Porto
- Ftima Interactive Self-Guided Tour from Lisbon
- April 25th Bridge and Christ the King Bus Tour from Lisbon