Lisbon Shore Excursion: City Tour By Minivan Including Food And Wine Tatings
OverviewLisbon is a sight to behold. The city of half a million people reveals the empire it headed in centuries past and boasts large Baroque churches, squares with faded grandeur and a seaside ripe for long romantic strolls. This 4-hour guided shore excursion takes you to the main sites and landmarks of this European capital, as well as through the centuries of the citys history. It concludes with delicious Portuguese snacks including a cod cake, a sweet pastry and port. This small-group tour is limited to eight participants to ensure a quality experience.
- Free snacks included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourHilly, seaside Lisbon, the seat of empire for centuries, may be one of the most underrated capitals in Europe. Its also one of the most eye-pleasing. The signs of its long and intriguing history are everywhere. This 4-hour, privateguided shore excursion takes you to the most important sites and neighborhoods of the Portuguese capital.
After pickup at the port, hop in the comfortable minivan and head first to the citys cathedral, the oldest building in Lisbon. Called Santa Maria Maior de Lisboa or S de Lisboa, the cathedral was built during the Romanesque architecture period and later renovated in the Gothic and Baroque periods. From there, head up to Graa, the highest neighborhood in the city, for expansive views of Lisbon. Drive through the neighborhood of Alfama, the birthplace of fado music, and then explore Belm, the neighborhood that, centuries past, saw many famous explorers, including Vasco da Gama, set sail to find new worlds and new treasures.
After seeing the Monastery of Jernimos, the Belm Tower and the Discoveries Monument, taste the delicious and world-famous traditional pastel de Belem, an custard tart invented at the Monastery of Jernimos and introduced to the outside world in the early 19th century.
Pass by the Basilica of Estrela and the Chiado district, stroll around Baixa, the downtown, and stroll in some of the citys most stunning squares: Rossio, Figueira and Restauradores. Next, try a glass of vinho verde literally green wine, it is meant to be drunk while young and fresh and a cod cake, a savory delight that is a favorite in this part of Europe. Finish the tasting with a glass of Portugals most famous wine, port, paired with cheese. At the end of the tour, youll be dropped off at the port.
Please note: Your cruise must dock in port in good time for this excursion. Click on 'Important Info' and check the Departure Time details before you book.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Lisbon port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Lisbon Shore Excursion: City Tour By Minivan Including Food And Wine Tatings
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free excursion guarantee
- Transfer in minivan
- Pastel de Belm (Belm custard tart)
- Portuguese wine and codfish cake
- Port wine and cheese tasting
- Private tour
Exclusions for Lisbon Shore Excursion: City Tour By Minivan Including Food And Wine Tatings
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Available for cruises docking at 8:30am or earlier only
If you have children under 12 years old, please advise their age. Infant and child seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best Live Fado Show in Lisbon: 'Fado in Chiado'
- Horse Riding Tour on the Beach
- Wifi everywhere in Lisbon
- Discover Lisbon in a Delicatessen Private Food Tour
- Day Trip to Lisbon Gay Beach 19
- Arrbida Full day tour - Discover a paradise with a local
- Lisbon Stories private tour_ half day with transportation
- Yacht Sailing Tour on The Tagus River from Lisbon