Lisbon Shore Excursion: Private Lisbon, Sesimbra And Azeitao Tour With Wine Tasting
OverviewLeave the Port of Lisbon and discover southern Portugals delights on a full-day private shore excursion! After visiting Lisbons Castle of St George and the pretty Alfama neighborhood, travel into the countryside south of the capital. Gaze at captivating coastal views at Sesimbras Cabo Espichel, and then sample local red wine on a visit to an Azeitao ceramic tile factory. The day trip is led by a private guide, with a flexible itinerary that can be tailored to your interests.
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks in Lisbon, meet your private guide outside the port and set off to explore the city. From the comfort of your air-conditioned vehicle, see the sights of Lisbon, the sunny capital city that straddles the banks of the Tagus River.
Head to the citys highest hill Colina de So Jorge do Castelo to visit the Castle of St George, a magnificent Moorish building that dominates the city spread at its feet. Gaze in awe at the views and learn about the fortified castle in medieval days. On the southern slopes of the hill is the Moorish quarter of Alfama, so enjoy a stroll down to it, admiring its historical architecture and quaint cobbled streets.
Return to your vehicle and travel south to Sesimbra, an unspoiled fishing village fronted by one of the longest sandy beaches in Portugal. Visit Cabo Espichel, a breathtaking cape just to the west of the village, and soak up views of its cliffs plunging dramatically into the Atlantic Ocean. Spend some time at leisure here to admire the scenery and enjoy lunch (own expense).
Continue traveling further into the Portuguese countryside just south of Lisbon. Your afternoons destination is Azeitao, a pretty village nestled in the Setubal region at the foot of the Arrabia Hills. Azeitaos best-known exports are handmade ceramic tiles and red wine, and youll get to know both during a wine-tasting session at a handmade tile factory. Learn of the time-honored craft of tile making while sipping on the fruity-toned Azeitao wine.
Return to Lisbon and stop to see the citys Monument to Christ, a 360-foot (110-meter) statue of Jesus thats said to be based on Rio de Janeiros Christ the Redeemer. Pose for photos against the backdrop of the Tagus River, and then say your goodbyes to your private guide at the Port of Lisbon.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Lisbon port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Lisbon Shore Excursion: Private Lisbon, Sesimbra And Azeitao Tour With Wine Tasting
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Wine tasting
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Lisbon Shore Excursion: Private Lisbon, Sesimbra And Azeitao Tour With Wine Tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.