Lisbon: Sintra Day Tour
OverviewJoin Sintra day trip by train from Lisbon's famous Rossio StationDiscoverUNESCO World heritage site of romantic charm in 5 hoursSee best-preserved medieval royal residences with a specialist guideEnjoy the intimacy of a small group walking tour of max 8 people
Know More about this tourJoin our Sintra Lisbon tour to discover Portugals most magical town! There will be a maximum of 8 people.
Sintra is a beautiful and historic village sprawling around the lower end of a small mountain range. It is surrounded by woods and covered in palaces that have classified the area as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is also easy and convenient to find, located less than an hour from Lisbon on a train.
Perhaps the most popular reason why our clients take the Sintra Lisbon tour is to see the many palaces and manor estates that have given the town its fairytale reputation, with the 19th-century Pena Palace easily being the most romantic of the bunch. Sitting at the top of one of the highestmountains, the Pena Palace offers some of the best views in Sintra, and the gardens and woods around the estate add to the beauty on-site.
Other estates that add to Sintras romantic reputation are the historically important Sintra National Palace.The Palace was built in the 14th century in the first phase and then in the 16th century as a second phase. This is the oldest National Palace in Portugal and also has some of the oldest tiles we can find in Portugal with Moorish tiles from the 16th century.
The mysterious Quinta da Regaleira is another well-visited landmark, perhaps as equally sought out as the Pena and Sintra Palaces. Built in the 20th century, the Gothic main house catches the eyes of passers byfrom the street but the real show-stoppers are the towers, wells, and tunnels. Numerous stories and legends have popped up around this estate, suggesting that it was once the secret meeting place for rituals.
Quinta da Regaleira was built in Neo -Manuelin Style. The Manuelin style was an architectural style from the reign of King Manuel in the 16th century. The best example of this Architecture is Jeronimos Monastery. In the late 19th century and early 20th ( during the Romantic Period in Portugal) there was architectural revival this is when is the Neo ( Neo Manuelin , Neo Gothic, etc). And this is when people will build their mansions in Sintra. Both Regaleira and Rossio Train station are built in Neo Manuelin Style.
Because our guide is a historian, well connect the decoration of Quinta da Regaleira with the larger context of European history.
Downtown Sintra is full of charming cafs and restaurants, many of which offer outdoor terrace seating. Your guide will organise lunch in one of her favourite spots as part of the Sintra Lisbon tour.
There are many small sites to discover as you walk and your guide will point out all you need to see. Your Sintra Lisbon tour will endwith enough time to discover Pena Palace on your own with enough information from your local guide.
Inclusions for Lisbon: Sintra Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Train tickets from Lisbon to Sintra
- Professional art historian guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Lisbon: Sintra Day Tour
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best Live Fado Show in Lisbon: 'Fado in Chiado'
- Active Tourism - Lisbon Tour to the most beautiful marine caves in Arrbia
- Lisbon Active Tourism - Coasteering in Arrbia
- Lisbon Active Tourism - Diving in Arrbia - Sesimbra
- Lisbon Airport Private Transfer to Costa da Caparica or Almada
- ALGARVE from Lisbon PRIVATE Tour - Albufeira and Lagos (Ponta da Piedade)
- Arrbida Jeep tour to the most beautiful beach of Europe
- Hiking tour to the highest point of Arrbida mountain