Lisbon Small-Group Super Saver: 2-Day City Tour And Fado Show With Dinner
OverviewExperience the best small group tour combo in Lisbonwith this unforgettable 2-day Super Saver pack! Alongside a relaxed and professional local guide, you will travelto Alfama quarter, the oldest in Lisbon, and see the citys main landmarks while learning interesting facts from your guide. You will also visit Belm area, where you can see 2 World Heritage monuments and taste a delicious Pastel.Your other tour is an evening sightseeing tour to experience Lisbon's unique culture and discoverthe musical genre known as Fado.As you are driven through Lisbon's old districts, your guide will explain the history of Fado. Enjoy a traditional dinner and listen to a Fado singer's stories about lost love and 'saudade,' a feeling of longing.These small-group tours are limited to eight people, ensuring a personalized and valuable experience with your guide.Plus, tours can be scheduled in either order.In the end you will feel as a true local!
- Excellent value for money
- Small-group tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
This is how yourLisbon in One Day City Tourwill look like:
Lisbon is a vibrant and seductive city where the old charm coexists with the avant-garde. After pickup from your Lisbon hotel by comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle, begin your journey at Belm, where the caravels left for the New World, and see an outdoor monument in praise of the Discoveries period. See the Torre de Belm sitting at Tagus riverside and the imposing Jernimos Monastery, both elevated to World Heritage by UNESCO and two of the '7 Wonders of Portugal' that have dominated this landscape for 500 years.
Afterward, continue to Me dgua (literally meaning Mother of Water), a massive water reservoir built between the 18th and 19th century that stored water from the guas Livres aqueduct. Inside, see a small museum dedicated to the history of water supply in the city and a cascade that causes a beautiful light effect. Climbing some stairs, you can access the terrace for an impressive view over Lisbon.
Continue your trip to the historical center to feel the true essence of Lisbon. Hop out of the car and walk between alleys and narrow streets through some of the traditional neighborhoods like Castelo, Mouraria, Graa, and Alfama. It has never been so good to 'get lost' while discovering Lisbon.
This is how your Fado Show and Dinner Experience will look like:
For your second tour, you will be driven by some locations that highlight the citys cultural heritage and relate to the history of the famous music genre Fado.Sailors, fishermen and sea merchants, often away from home, were the pioneers of this musical genre, and would sing the beautiful and melancholic music with a feeling ofsaudade, an emotion of longing or homesickness for their distant loved ones. Currently, Fado is considered part of UNESCOs Intangible Cultural Heritage.
Cruise through the historic city center toward the Graa district, which features some of the best views in Lisbon. After a 10-minute stop for pictures and a look at the city illuminated at night, continue toward the citys oldest district, Alfama, an area deeply connected to the roots of the local culture and its citizens. In fact, it became the incubating platform of the first Fado sounds. Make sure to bring your camera to snap pictures of the scenic views while you make stops.
To complete your Lisbon Fado experience, indulge in a typical Portuguese dinner in the late evening and enjoy a 3-hour live Fado show. Accompanied by a string quartet or a Portuguese guitar, a fadista (Fado singer) will let you in on the emotionalsaudade. Around midnight, your driver will take you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Lisbon Small-Group Super Saver: 2-Day City Tour And Fado Show With Dinner
- Hotel pickup
- Drop-off at 2 centrally located points (note: in the Fado the drop-off is at the hotel)
- Professional local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Food tasting (Pastel de Belm)
- Night sightseeing
- Fado Show withdinner
Exclusions for Lisbon Small-Group Super Saver: 2-Day City Tour And Fado Show With Dinner
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off (except in the Fado tour)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A considerable amount of walking is involved (in the City Tour)
There are several possibilities for the order of your tours. When booking you may choose from:
Tour Option A: Tours take place on two consecutive days. The first day is for FADO experience. Next day you will do the CITY TOUR.
Tour Option B: Tours take place on two consecutive days. The first day is for CITY TOUR. Next day you will join your FADO experience.
Tour Option C: Tours take place in just one day. In the morning you will join the CITY TOUR. In the evening of the same day you will enjoy your FADO experience.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Portugal Tour from Lisbon: Ftima, Sintra, vora, Cascais and Estoril Coast
- Lisbon Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Private Obidos Sightseeing Trip
- Private Tour: Lisbon Football Experience
- Private Tour: Hidden Treasures of Lisbon
- vora and Estremoz Private Day Tour from Lisbon
- Private Full-Day Ftima and Western Region Tour from Lisbon
- Giraldo Square and City Center Walking Tour of vora