Lisbon Super Saver: Small-Group Gourmet Walking Tour Plus Sintra And Cascais Day Trip With Pena PalaceWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy two bestselling tours at one price with this Lisbon Super Saver, combing a small-group food and wine tour with a small-group day trip to Sintra and Cascais. First, you'll discover the tastes ofÂ Portugal on a gourmet walking tour through the city with food and wine tastings included; the next day, travel outside the city to two beautiful areas to visit the Park and National Palace of Pena, theÂ colorful town of Sintra, Cabo da Roca (the westernmost point of continental Europe), and the beach town of Cascais. Tours are limited to eight people to provide a more personalized experience with a guide.
- Excellent value for money
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourDay 1: Lisbon Gourmet Walking Tour
Learn about Portuguese cuisine and its mix of Mediterranean traditions and exotic influences from all corners of the globe on your small-group food and wine tour. Accompanied by a guide, try dishes like the popular cod fish cake with a glass of green wine, a Portuguese specialty. Get to know Lisbon's Bairro Alto district, home to some of the city's top restaurants, Fado houses, bars, and nightclubs, and walk down the steps of CalÃ§ada do Duque, admiring the views while you will passÂ some hidden eateries.
Learn from your guide about Lisbonâs strong cafÃ© culture, and enjoy the chance to see a variety of products, from bacalhau (dried, salted cod) to sausages, hams, and cheeses. Hear about the history of Portugalâs famous fortified wine, Port, and then try some with cheese. You'll also learn about one of the only tea productions in Europe, grown on the Atlantic Island of SÃ£o Miguel, in the Azores. Finish your tour in style at a palace home to one of the most intriguing interiors in the city. Here you will sit down for a taste of bread and chouriÃ§o (pork sausage, aka chorizo), accompanied by an Alentejo red wine.
Sample tastings (subject to change): cod fish cake, cheese, marmalade, sausage, local bread, tapas; glass of Port, Ginja liquor, red, green, and white wine
Day 2: Sintra and Cascais Day Trip
Departing Lisbon, your day tour starts with the journey to Sintra, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Visit Pena Park to marvel at the variety of trails, trees, and other vegetation, and then head to the Queen's Throne for a view of the National Palace of Pena (Palacio da Pena) and the Atlantic Ocean.
Next, head inside the hilltop palace, located in the Sintra Mountains, and admire the interior of the bedrooms of the king and queen and the Arab Room. Then follow your guide to the historical center of Sintra, where you have free time to explore town, visit Sintra National Palace, if you wish, or have some lunch (own expense).Â
Continue your day trip with a chance to admire the landscape of Sintra-Cascais Natural Park, passing by Quinta da Regaleira, Palacio de Seteais, and Monserrate Palace on the way. Enjoy a photo opportunity at the cliffs of Cabo da Roca (Roca Cape), the westernmost point of the European continent, and visit the surfer's paradise of Guincho Beach. Pass the cliff at Boca do Inferno (Hellâs Mouth) before stopping to stretch your legs along Cascais Bay. Wander around the center of Cascais; you can follow your guide to see the traditional white houses or enjoy some time relaxing at the beach.
On the drive back to Lisbon, soak up the scenic views along the Atlantic coast.
Inclusions for Lisbon Super Saver: Small-Group Gourmet Walking Tour Plus Sintra And Cascais Day Trip With Pena Palace
- Food tastings
- Wine, port, and ginja tastings
- Local guide
- Park and National Palace of Pena entrance
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Lisbon Super Saver: Small-Group Gourmet Walking Tour Plus Sintra And Cascais Day Trip With Pena Palace
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to Sintra National Palace (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Overnight accommodation
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multilingual guide
Please note, tours take place on different days; the food and wine tour operates on Day 1 and the Sintra and Cascais day trip on the next consecutive day
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.